2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
The best truck of 2002
By Stephen Tyson on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SVE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

It simply has the best exterior design. The inside on the other had could be better.

Suburban Workhorse
By J. Locke on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Recently moved from NYC to suburbs. Found myself borrowing/renting trucks or tying oversized items to car roof too often. Purchased Frontier compact pickup with quad cab, 5 sp manual and long (74") bed. Has quickly become my full-time weekend car. Enough interior room for all (3 fit in back seat easily), plenty of hauling capacity, 4WD for the beach. Acceleration is a little slow on the parkway (compared to my cars), gas mileage is reasonable. Biggest problem is a lack of center consol parking brake handle in the hills. This small truck handles nicely both on and off road. Reasonably quiet. Even my wife enjoys driving it.

unhappy with nissan
By unhappy nissan owner on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

If you like to spend most of your time at the gas stations this is the truck for you engine is slugish gas mileage is terrible..and as for getting help from NISSAN lets just say they don't! this experience has soured me to all NISSAN produuts I will never buy another NISSAN!!

Bang for your Buck
By Wheeler69 on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Price was the best. Comfort was great.

2002 frontier s/c long bed
By paul ambrogi on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just drove 600 mile round trip and loved it. More than enough power 60-85. Drove on beach in NC with plenty of 4 W.D. control. Love the opt. fostgate stero system. Averaged 17.5 mpg @ 75mph w/ air on. Get a lot of looks. We love our truck. S/C package best option package for compact truck.

Solar Yellow + Rockford Fosgate= FUN
By tnkatuf on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I am averaging 20mpg with my truck and I love everything about it! Everyone looks when I drive by, the solar yellow makes it easy to find in a parking lot. Get the Rockford Fosgate sound system! It drives very quiet and the automatic transmission shifts with ease.

Good Truck, Can be Improved
By Jay114 on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My fourth Nissan since 1986. This one is nice to look at....fenders, light assembly, roof rack....but drinks gas bad. Sticker said "16 to 20" but I only get 13.5 mostly highway miles. Also I am a little disappointed in the power/acceleration. I must say though that adding a load to the bed or towing does not affect the performance...I think it's torqued a little too low. Overall I enjoy the truck.

Sure Looks Nice, But Quality is So-So
By RichB on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Well let me say that my wife loves our 2001 SE.. I'm a bit more critical. I think the interior materials are way too cheap plus the clock is just about useless in daylight. We have the regular SE and power is lacking. Also it sucks down gas faster than I can say fill er up. Styling wise.. total thumbs up.. very attractive truck. This is a good compromise between SUV and utility vehicle. I have two boys(12 and 9) and they fit comfortably. Plus the big plus is that it fits in my garage! So overall, I am a bit disappointed that a $25,000 truck has such a low grade interior, but dollar for dollar it's probably one of the better values out there.

For the price......you can't beat it!
By The Count on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought the Nissan Frontier based solely on price. I found that the Toyota Tacoma Crew Cab was at least $3,000 more with similar equipment. The Dodge Dakota was a contender but it was $2,000 more with similar equipment. Plus the way this truck looks is just plain mean...another advantage is most Frontier drivers have the short bed. The longer bed and the price is what sold me. I didn't buy the 4X4 because there is no use for it in the city. I do wish it was more gas efficient but I knew this buying the truck so it is not a great concern for me. Overall I love the truck.

New Owner Review
By DATSUN on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

First time I've owned a new vehicle without even a hint of problems. The crew cab is best thing I've bought, truck, sedan, SUV all in one. I'm getting about 20mpg with all highway miles, better than the sticker, but, not certain why they can't get that healthy engine at around 25mpg on the highway. Mileage my only complaint.