2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews 5

2002 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

2002 Frontier Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Cons of the 2002 Frontier SE-V6
By tjniemann

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, this is a good vehicle, but I remember looking up reviews on Edmunds in April prior to purchasing my truck and one reviewer wrote in about the "clicking" noises in the front. I figured it was a fluke and wouldn't happen to me. Well, it did. I have "clicking" and occassional metallic "squeaking" noises in what seems to be the front suspension -- Primarily when im turning around a corner. Had it in twice and it's still not fixed....

Suggested Improvements

Figure out what flaws exist in this model's suspension or front fender design and fix them.

great truck, much better than its review
By jaron

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab Standard 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

despite lackluster magazine reviews, I have a fleet of these trucks (they seemed the best value for the money, and unlike the Toyotas, can be had for around $4000LESS than MSRP) and am thoroughly impressed. I'll purchase another fleet of the same truck in three years.

Favorite Features

rugged reliability, high quality, low price

Suggested Improvements

larger sun visors would be nice

My 2001 Frontier
By trucklover

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab Standard 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Been a little over a year, and a little over 17,000 miles. 4 cylinder, auto king cab xe... I have to have a truck for work...and I don't have lots of money. The Frontier fits the bill. It hasn't faultered once, carries dirt, landfill, and all the stuff I need it to, and it looks "funky". I live in FLA, and it's very, very hot now. I'm amazed at how cold the ac is. It's not fast, wasn't meant to be...it doesn't corner well, and that doesn't matter to me. Little kid in on my block calls it "future truck." Good title, cause I plan on keeping this truck well into the future.

Favorite Features

CD Player, Jump seats (surprised how much I use them!). The truck bed is just the right size for my needs.

Suggested Improvements

The seats have a little plastic piece that catches my butt on the way in and out...that's the only thing I'd change.

frontier good truck
By hector gonzales

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased tuck 4 mos ago. very nice no repair problems at this time. very dependable truck....

Favorite Features

looks like a million bucks....

Suggested Improvements

none at this time

2002 SE-V6 Desert Runner -King Cab
By Caff10

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I just think it is awsome I just live it because I just feel so comfromable in it and the sound system is great and handles very well and is sitting high which I loveand it came standard with steps ,bed liner, bed extender.

Favorite Features

Handling,the highness of it,sound system,and pretty much everything else.

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage is the only thing but still it is good

my truck
By Mary2

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I like the Nissan, it drives nice.

Favorite Features

airbag on/of switch

Suggested Improvements

make jump seats (back) larger - enough for kids

You Guys Are Crazy!
By Rocket88

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SC-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

This is absolutely the best truck available on the market today. I have never driven anything like this machine. I had always been a Ford lover, but I fell in love with this vehicle the minute that I saw it. It was five thousand dollars cheaper than anything comparable to it. Plus, it has more power than any truck in its class. I get 15 to 18 miles per gallon even when I punch the supercharger frequently. I plan on keeping this truck forever. I have experienced no problems with it and I am confident that I will not because it was built by hard-working Americans.

Favorite Features

The Rockford Fosgate six-disc changer in the dash is awesome. What really takes the sound system to the next level is the addition of the hand control to the steering wheel. The leather seats are also beautiful.

Suggested Improvements

I can think of nothing else to add to this truck that it doesn't already possess. I love my truck and the rest of the people that have reviewed this machine are out of their mind.

fun truck
By zip

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SC-V6 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Fun truck to own, never been in the shop, great performance.

Favorite Features

SC power

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage ( oh well, that explains my favorite feature)

2 Dr. KC 2WD XE
By Joeeick

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a Nissan Frontier XE for a no-frills truck. I looked at every truck in it's class and for the money it is the best. Handles well, so-so power, and good looks.

Favorite Features

Nice, simple interior, easy controls. Great exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

1.)More refined clutch/drivetrain!! 2.) Gears could have been closer, final ratio is good. 3.)ZERO torque in lower rpm's (maybe a single cam would have been a better idea?)

My new lemon
By Gordo

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Well, my family has owned Nissans since 1984 so i really wanted to like this truck. However, after taking it back 4 times to Boulder Nissan and twice to John Elway Nissan I am still having major probs with it and thanks to the terrible/rude service at Boulder Nissan I'll be using the Colorado Lemon Law to get my money back. They still haven't sent me my owner's manuals and i've had this truck for 6 months! The two major probs i still have are it pulls to the left when i brake and have a very loud squeak coming from my rear window seal that silicone hasn't fixed. Mighty dangerous when it's icy!

Favorite Features

Love the looks and the interior style. Drives great except for the dangerous brake thing.

Suggested Improvements

Is much noisier inside than the tacoma and lots of wind noise that could be improved. Also, why don't small trucks come with disc brakes all around? Might want to train service depts better.