2002 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Gets me and my stuff there
By sivartk on 12/23/05 17:56 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my truck new for about $13,000. The only "upgrade" that it has is the color keyed body moldings. Minor repair work has needed to be done before 18,000 miles....squeaking front bumper and already had to replace the 3 belts in this little 4-banger due to squeeking. Other than that it is rock solid. It takes a while to get used to the look of the "rubbermaid" front end, but a simple grill insert improved the looks and protected my radiator. Use it to commute to work (2.2 miles) and average 23MPG w/o the AC. On the highway I have got as high as 28MPG. Great fuel economy in town even compared to some mid-sized sedans, plus you can't haul a sheet of plywood in a sedan.

this is great truck
By 10 speed on 10/15/05 10:31 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

this is my first owned pickup truck but have driven many at jobs that i have had. it is a very good truck and i have an average gas mileage of about 17 and a half around town and highway if on highway only i get about 20 mpg if i set the cruise control and let ride. have not had any trouble with it except the seat belt lite keeps going on and off and have had to have the switch replaced already and is now doing it again. would recommmend this truck to anyone. family or single. needs some more power under the hood but runs good. i got a great deal on it over 6 thousand off the sale price, when purchased new. fun to drive and even my buddy likes it to drive and ride it.

Gold SC Crew Cab 4WD
By Jon-Michael DeBona on 08/11/05 09:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My pickup was incredibly reliable which is typical of Nissan. This was my second Nissan. I never had a problem with either. After over three years I have not had to have any repairs done to my Frontier whatsoever. I'm thinking of trading it in for Titan only because I want more space.

Happy with my truck
By Fronterra on 04/28/05 03:26 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had no problems with my truck. It has 60,000 miles on it. I bought it used with 45,000 miles on it. It fits my needs perfectly. I can haul my dirt bikes with no problem.

like my truck :)
By Ashley on 04/09/05 13:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

just got the truck so havnt had any mechanical problems obviously, so this is basically a 1st impression. the interior seems to be pretty cheap, but its VERY comfortable, more so even than the sedan i drove before. the turning radius is amazing for the size of the vehicle, i can get it into anywhere! it is a little slow to start but when you put it in overdrive its much better, very smooth on the highway. I LOVE the way it looks too. PERFECT truck for a girl who needs one, but wants to be able to see over the dash! its just the right size for me.

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE
By brandy on 04/06/05 13:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The truck drives great the only issue is the gas mileage but that is only becuase I was used to driving a 4 cylinder and this is a V6. Handles wonderful in snow, and rain. Looks nice and I love that we bought it.

I Love my truck
By ilovemytruck on 03/09/05 03:43 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 Nissan Frontier KC with 35000 miles on it and i love it it could use a lower gear in the rear end and a better clutch but over all this truck is great! this is my first truck i couldnt have picked a better one, if you are looking for a ranger,forget about it, the nissan is the best way to go. it has japinese quality and reliabilty and a higher resale value also. this is just a great truck over all.

Chuck's truck
By caw on 01/03/05 13:44 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab Standard 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed my 2002 Nissan Frontier very much since I purchased it three years ago. I was originally drawn to the interior design, and made my purchase based mostly on this, as well as the reputation for quality that Nissan has. I was a bit disappointed in the acceleration, having just traded in a full sized Ford truck, but soon learned that there was more power there than it seemed, it just requires fully depressing the accelerator pedal and holding for a few seconds. I have been pleased with the handling and turning radius, as well as the convenience of the interior layout. I feel more like I'm driving a car than a truck, which is just the way I want it. I am now buying a 2004 model now in lieu of the 2005.

Pleased not ecstatic
By MidwestRoadrunner on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Looks great, drives great, very affordable compared to other compacts, nice inside and out.I would only consider the Toyota or Nissan, would not consider V8s or Dakota.Checked out new Colorado it seemed chincy and cheap yet $25K. This is a great truck for the money. We paid $18K for used '02 SE/LB with 22K mis.The previous owner took great care, looked like new has extra goodies like spray in liner, nerf bars, and after market security.Toyota is crazy they wanted $20K for a used Tacoma with 50K mis.Would not consider new. Worse, all Tacomas are short beds. With cost savings over Tacoma we bought an 84 mo. b to b extended warranty.

Great styling
By CW in COS on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is a great looking, and fun truck. I have had the truck for two years now and have found it to be very reliable. It performs very well off road and is good for hauling small loads.