Used 2002 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

NOT BAD FOR THE CASH!!
By NISSAN_DRIVEN!!

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have the same clunking in the front end after one week!! Americans can NOT build quality in the states... Truck looks very cool, great price, great deal on my trade from this dealership as well. This is for all you people complaining about the GAS MILEAGE, its a TRUCK get over it or drive a compact car!!!!

Favorite Features

New dash guages, nice alloy wheels!!

Suggested Improvements

BUILD IN JAPAN, and charge more to ship it over to the states...

Nissan Quality w/No Legroom
By BlackIron

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 6'3" and owned my 2002 Nissan Frontier for 13 months. The outside of the Nissan is sharp when you get it decked out with the running boards, the body moulding, and the overhead racks, and not an ounce of problem out of it the whole time. The interior front seats are fine...plenty of room for two people...but there is ABSOLUTELY NO leg room in the back seat of this vehicle...the long bed is nice if you haul things and came in handy several times.

Favorite Features

The great stereo and speakers that came with the system and the gas mileage were quite good on this v-6.

Suggested Improvements

Tighter turn radius, more back seat leg room if that means cutting down on bed space.

Worth Buying?
By jstitan2000

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is almost everything you would need in a pickup truck. If you change to S/C pulley to a slightly smaller one you could achieve the pathfinder horsepower of 240. Then truely would this be a S/C truck thats fun to drive. I can't complain about anything else except the fuel mileage. In town you get 15 mpg. Pretty bad! All in all this is a great truck and 10,000 less than a full size with a kickass stereo.

Favorite Features

Rockford Fosgate Stereo

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage, and maybe easier steering.

so far, so good
By maas

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 95 Nissan pickup that never did me wrong, but it was time to get something newer. I decided to stick with Nissan due to my past experience. I love this truck, but I keep hearing about people having problems with them and that scares me. One thing I can say is that the A/C makes some strange noises that I fear will mean problems in the future. Also, my clutch pedal squeaks. Gas mileage stinks big time. Overall, I think it's great, but I'm still worried that it will end up having some problems .

Favorite Features

Ride height, handling

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

Love this truck!
By WilliamB

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just got my v6 Desert Runner from a dealer. It was used, but this truck runs great! The v6 isn't as strong as its competition, Toyota Tacoma Prerunner v6, but it still packs a pretty good punch. For its size, the acceleration is pretty good. The ride is smoother than I thought. Overall, this is a very good vehicle. I recomend looking into one if you are searching for midsize trucks.

Favorite Features

Great! Black exterior, and grey cloth interior. The seats are increadibly comfortable. Sound. Alloys and that it sits up high. Looks overall!

Suggested Improvements

Bigger tires. Less plastic. A little bit more horsepower, but 170 hp isn't bad. If you are looking for more, go for the SuperCharged Crew, or the Toyota Tacoma prerunner v6.