2002 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
unhappy with nissan
By unhappy nissan owner on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

If you like to spend most of your time at the gas stations this is the truck for you engine is slugish gas mileage is terrible..and as for getting help from NISSAN lets just say they don't! this experience has soured me to all NISSAN produuts I will never buy another NISSAN!!

Bang for your Buck
By Wheeler69 on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Price was the best. Comfort was great.

fun truck
By zip on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SC-V6 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Fun truck to own, never been in the shop, great performance.

2002 frontier s/c long bed
By paul ambrogi on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just drove 600 mile round trip and loved it. More than enough power 60-85. Drove on beach in NC with plenty of 4 W.D. control. Love the opt. fostgate stero system. Averaged 17.5 mpg @ 75mph w/ air on. Get a lot of looks. We love our truck. S/C package best option package for compact truck.

2 Dr. KC 2WD XE
By Joeeick on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a Nissan Frontier XE for a no-frills truck. I looked at every truck in it's class and for the money it is the best. Handles well, so-so power, and good looks.

My new lemon
By Gordo on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Well, my family has owned Nissans since 1984 so i really wanted to like this truck. However, after taking it back 4 times to Boulder Nissan and twice to John Elway Nissan I am still having major probs with it and thanks to the terrible/rude service at Boulder Nissan I'll be using the Colorado Lemon Law to get my money back. They still haven't sent me my owner's manuals and i've had this truck for 6 months! The two major probs i still have are it pulls to the left when i brake and have a very loud squeak coming from my rear window seal that silicone hasn't fixed. Mighty dangerous when it's icy!

ok
By bobjohn on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

i have had a couple problems with mine there are ok trucks but could use a little work

Solar Yellow + Rockford Fosgate= FUN
By tnkatuf on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I am averaging 20mpg with my truck and I love everything about it! Everyone looks when I drive by, the solar yellow makes it easy to find in a parking lot. Get the Rockford Fosgate sound system! It drives very quiet and the automatic transmission shifts with ease.

great looks
By Davey35774 on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love the looks on this very relaible truck. It is fun to drive and handles well on different environments.

Good Truck, Can be Improved
By Jay114 on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My fourth Nissan since 1986. This one is nice to look at....fenders, light assembly, roof rack....but drinks gas bad. Sticker said "16 to 20" but I only get 13.5 mostly highway miles. Also I am a little disappointed in the power/acceleration. I must say though that adding a load to the bed or towing does not affect the performance...I think it's torqued a little too low. Overall I enjoy the truck.