Used 2002 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

02 Nissan XE Xcab 4wd
By RVT Jr.

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Wanted Toyota, looked at Ford but liked Nissan better. 8 months and 10K miles later I'm glad I picked Nissan. Fit and Finish excellent. Hardly a squeak and no rattles. Comfortable. Fun to drive. Sharp looks. No return trips to dealer!!! My first Nissan but I banked on their track record and so far its been right on. Dependability, reliability, thats what I want for my money, not trips back to the dealer !! Why don't V6 pickups get better overall gas milage? 18 mpg 80%highway 20%town. I've hit 20.5 on a long cruise. Overall excellent value. Just as good as Toyota and better than the others. Got a great price too.

Favorite Features

Plenty of pep for me. Dealer installed stereo sounds great. Like the tires, I live in snow country.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage for V6's. The dash gauges seem to disappear depending on light conditions, makes guages hard to read at times. Set back to far. 3rd Door?

Great Work Truck!
By baldbastard420

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab Standard 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great little work truck, the 5-speed gets good gas mileage and is fun to drive...incidently the squeek that is heard when turning is the rubber stops, you will notice that this only happens when the wheels are turned all the way in either direction, like when making a U-turn.

Favorite Features

Interior gauges, i like the layout, also a good looking truck on the outside

Suggested Improvements

3rd brake light on rear of cab leaked and had to be replaced, CD player broke at 22,000 miles, dealer is replacing, also had a broken control arm on the right side that the dealer repaired

2002 Nissan Frontier review
By MattyO

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I own a 2002 XE V6 4X4 extended cab. For the most part truck has been a good vehicle. The only major complaints that I have with the vehicle is that it is a bit under powered. The gas mileage is not the greatest averaging about 17-18 mpg. Lastly, at about 5000 miles the vehicle developed a few really annoying squeaks and rattles. Other than those few items the truck has been great so far.

Suggested Improvements

More engine power and better MPG

2002 Nissan Frontier XE CC 4x4
By BrewJeep

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

It's a great little truck -- very handy. I purchased the shortbed for ease of handling offroad, but would prefer the longbed for hauling loads. Handling is very nice with less understeer than some of the competitors' offerings and better ride than the Tacoma, which I also looked at.

Favorite Features

-- Five speed transmission. -- Bed extender. -- 4.61 axle gearing. -- Excellent dependibility -- Excellent value for the $$$.

Suggested Improvements

-- More low end torque. (Maybe the 3.4 or 3.8 V6?) -- 2.73 or lower gearing in transfer case. -- Redesign the front bodywork to accomodate a winchmount and bumper, please!!! (ARB or similar) The 2000 nose was MUCH better for that.

The Zen of Trucks 2
By Fontier Zen

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

It's been almost 2 years and I'm still loving this truck. It's by far the best vehicle I've ever had. The style and preformance cannot be match by any of the other small trucks on the market. I would still recommend this truck to anyone. Just be sure to get the long bed. Don't waste your time on the short bed.

Favorite Features

The long bed and the styling.