2002 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
My 2001 Frontier
By trucklover on 06/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab Standard 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Been a little over a year, and a little over 17,000 miles. 4 cylinder, auto king cab xe... I have to have a truck for work...and I don't have lots of money. The Frontier fits the bill. It hasn't faultered once, carries dirt, landfill, and all the stuff I need it to, and it looks "funky". I live in FLA, and it's very, very hot now. I'm amazed at how cold the ac is. It's not fast, wasn't meant to be...it doesn't corner well, and that doesn't matter to me. Little kid in on my block calls it "future truck." Good title, cause I plan on keeping this truck well into the future.

gas issue so far!
By 1st newcarowner on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Iam a college grad and I bought my crew cab almost a month ago. So far the mpg /gas has been my concern. I drive easy but still seem to have to full up every week. I have a 12 yr old jeep that gets better gas mileage

frontier good truck
By hector gonzales on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased tuck 4 mos ago. very nice no repair problems at this time. very dependable truck....

2002 SE-V6 Desert Runner -King Cab
By Caff10 on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I just think it is awsome I just live it because I just feel so comfromable in it and the sound system is great and handles very well and is sitting high which I loveand it came standard with steps ,bed liner, bed extender.

Keep Shopping For Now
By indintruk on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Frontier late last year, and was quite happy with it until March of this year. The driver's door handle broke off; the electronic control module needed reprogramming; a grinding sound and kerchunk developed in the left front end; the driver's door window regulator went bad; and the gas mileage suddenly, and inexplicably, went down about 4-5 mpg. The service department was very courteous and wonderful in all respects. I simply decided to cut my losses and trade the truck in on something else while it still had most of its value, and before anything else went wrong.

The best truck of 2002
By Stephen Tyson on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SVE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

It simply has the best exterior design. The inside on the other had could be better.

Love my Frontier
By Lil Ed on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned three Nissans in the past 3 years. First I started out with a Nissan Sentra... Liked it. Then I bought a Nissan Frontier Club Cab, it was Good but, I wanted all the features that I had with My Sentra GXE. I then bought a Nissan Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab with the Power Package and the off-road package. This truck is Da-Bomb!! It rides nice. I drive 5 miles out of my way just so I can stay in it longer then the trip really calls for.

Suburban Workhorse
By J. Locke on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Recently moved from NYC to suburbs. Found myself borrowing/renting trucks or tying oversized items to car roof too often. Purchased Frontier compact pickup with quad cab, 5 sp manual and long (74") bed. Has quickly become my full-time weekend car. Enough interior room for all (3 fit in back seat easily), plenty of hauling capacity, 4WD for the beach. Acceleration is a little slow on the parkway (compared to my cars), gas mileage is reasonable. Biggest problem is a lack of center consol parking brake handle in the hills. This small truck handles nicely both on and off road. Reasonably quiet. Even my wife enjoys driving it.

my truck
By Mary2 on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I like the Nissan, it drives nice.

You Guys Are Crazy!
By Rocket88 on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SC-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

This is absolutely the best truck available on the market today. I have never driven anything like this machine. I had always been a Ford lover, but I fell in love with this vehicle the minute that I saw it. It was five thousand dollars cheaper than anything comparable to it. Plus, it has more power than any truck in its class. I get 15 to 18 miles per gallon even when I punch the supercharger frequently. I plan on keeping this truck forever. I have experienced no problems with it and I am confident that I will not because it was built by hard-working Americans.