Used 2002 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

cool truckin
By ldldldld@earthlink

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The vehicle performs well for a pickup at all speeds. Nice quite ride, lots of cab room (4 door Crew Cab), and a superior sound system stock.

Engine, styling, drivability, off road handling, long bed usefullness.

A little more road sound deadening, better grade of tires off lot, seat material durability could be improved.

The wifes truck
By 1200BANDIT

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I wanted a Murano but the "dealer" wouldn't deal. This truck was on the lot for over 6 months and was a deal. The wife loved it so at 14k less than a Murano, bought it. With 600 miles on the odom, we took it out west on a 4800 mile trip w/cycle and stuff in back. Under 65 averaged 18-20mpg. Over 65 lookout. Very comfortable on the two 800 mile days. Great on highway and had a ball with the quasi offroad trips. Lots of comments from many people. This is our 6th Nissan(3 Maximas, 2 Altimas). 520,000 miles and no complaints.

The Blower

Put the Maxima engine in it!

Can't have it all, I guess?
By jshoota

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Has the gas mileage of a V8. 3.3L to small. I had to buy a high performance air filter and exhaust to help with the "get up". I liked the compact style, because I'm able to get in tighter more remote spots, than the bigger trucks. Even though the rear seating is cramped, my buddies and I dealt with it just fine, during the hunting seasons. Climbs up(with stock tires)with no problems, and some pretty steep inclines. I had to have my steering stoppers regreased, because they were squeaking/creeking on sharp U-turns w/bumps. Brakes started to make a high pitch squeak noise, when going 20-30 mph. Brake pads were fine, the discs needed to be resurfaced.

300w fosgate stereo, and 6 cd changer. The longbed is a nice feature that other compact crews and some full crews don't have.

4.0 V6 engine. Open it up, pleeaase! raise suspension just a tad. Improve on gas mileage. Increase rear seating just a smidge.

Love it, but hate it!
By Motor

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SVE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I love my truck and wanted to buy a Nissan for the dependability. I've owned a Nissan Hardbody in the past and there was no stopping this truck. So ofcourse I wanted the Frontier. So far the sunroof leaked really bad. One of my speakers had to be replaced. A radiator hose leaked. As if all this wasn't bad enough, the paint is peeling off and Nissan says it's because of rocks. They are absoutly wrong. My service consultant laughs everytime I go in for service. He says I need to trade it.

I love the power of the super charger. It's great. Except for the fuel bill.

A little more head room and leg room in the back.

Crew Cab
By SBB0618

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

All around great truck. The long bed actually makes the truck look better than with the chopped look of the short bed.

4 doors makes entry easier for passengers getting into the back.

Gas milage definitely needs improving. Turning radius could be greatly improved. Sometimes difficult to get into and out of parking spots because the truck doesn't cut that well.