2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
3.5 Year owner says "Good Truck"
By SAF on 02/11/06 18:31 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

It has been my primary vehicle for 3.5 years and I have just turned over 70K miles. I commute 28 miles one way every day with this vehicle, have taken it off road a handful of times and hauled numerous heavy loads. I pretty much abuse my vehicles and don't baby them. If I keep the highway speed under 70 mph I average 20 MPG. The horn broke after 1.5 years while it was still under warrenty, other than that I have had zero problems with this vehicle ,nothing but oils changes. The truck has held up well, still starts and runs like a new one. I would definitely consider buying a Nissan again.

had 3, but no more, EVER!!!
By stevey_name on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Frontier. I had a 2000 Frontier that I had bought NEW and had a ton of problems with it. These trucks need to be made in Japan where the assembly process is much better! Anyway, I gave Nissan another chance when I bought a loaded up 2001 Frontier Crew Cab 4x4... I only had it for 3 months and it seemed ok?! Here I am in another Frontier, and it has problems galore. Radio went out already, raw gas smell under the truck that is 'undiagnosable' and catalytic converter smells every few days. On top of that, now I have some electrical issues that who knows what it'll cost. I'm trading it and will absolutely NEVER buy a Nissan truck again.

02 Nissan XE Xcab 4wd
By RVT Jr. on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Wanted Toyota, looked at Ford but liked Nissan better. 8 months and 10K miles later I'm glad I picked Nissan. Fit and Finish excellent. Hardly a squeak and no rattles. Comfortable. Fun to drive. Sharp looks. No return trips to dealer!!! My first Nissan but I banked on their track record and so far its been right on. Dependability, reliability, thats what I want for my money, not trips back to the dealer !! Why don't V6 pickups get better overall gas milage? 18 mpg 80%highway 20%town. I've hit 20.5 on a long cruise. Overall excellent value. Just as good as Toyota and better than the others. Got a great price too.

2002 Nissan Frontier review
By MattyO on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I own a 2002 XE V6 4X4 extended cab. For the most part truck has been a good vehicle. The only major complaints that I have with the vehicle is that it is a bit under powered. The gas mileage is not the greatest averaging about 17-18 mpg. Lastly, at about 5000 miles the vehicle developed a few really annoying squeaks and rattles. Other than those few items the truck has been great so far.

not yet sold
By workinmanstruck on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Not yet sold on this vehicle. I have a 2002 V6 4x4 XE king cab. Gas milage good at 20-21 mph everywhere. Having problem with clunky brakes, fade in pedal, long stops and heavy pulling to left. Loud wurring noise,like that of a power steering pump is getting on my nerves. Fit and finish not the greatest. At 7k miles (8 weeks old )it is starting to get squeeky. Motor is loosening up and acceleration is improving. Love the look, price was right. Will be making first trip to dealer for service, we'll see how that goes.

frontier good truck
By hector gonzales on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased tuck 4 mos ago. very nice no repair problems at this time. very dependable truck....

ok
By bobjohn on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

i have had a couple problems with mine there are ok trucks but could use a little work