Used 2002 Nissan Frontier Standard King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

July 2007
By July 07

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab Standard 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck from my father. I have had it for 2 months and it has 35,000 miles on it. Yes I said 35,000! Absolutely no power. Basically it is like driving a low model 4cyl sedan. Get the 6 cyl if you expect to haul anything. Forget about the accelerating with the AC on. Getting about 21 MPG highway as I really only drive on highways. Belts squeak a lot. I would recommend buying this truck if you can get it below the Edmunds vehicle pricing. It is handy to drive around. No mechanical issues since it was in the family - it was bought new.

Favorite Features

A handy little truck.

Suggested Improvements

Power, more comfortable seats.

Chuck's truck
By caw

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab Standard 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed my 2002 Nissan Frontier very much since I purchased it three years ago. I was originally drawn to the interior design, and made my purchase based mostly on this, as well as the reputation for quality that Nissan has. I was a bit disappointed in the acceleration, having just traded in a full sized Ford truck, but soon learned that there was more power there than it seemed, it just requires fully depressing the accelerator pedal and holding for a few seconds. I have been pleased with the handling and turning radius, as well as the convenience of the interior layout. I feel more like I'm driving a car than a truck, which is just the way I want it. I am now buying a 2004 model now in lieu of the 2005.

Favorite Features

Interior layout. Column shift. Storage console. Turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

Better gearing to get more acceleration at lower and intermediate speeds.

Great Work Truck!
By baldbastard420

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab Standard 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great little work truck, the 5-speed gets good gas mileage and is fun to drive...incidently the squeek that is heard when turning is the rubber stops, you will notice that this only happens when the wheels are turned all the way in either direction, like when making a U-turn.

Favorite Features

Interior gauges, i like the layout, also a good looking truck on the outside

Suggested Improvements

3rd brake light on rear of cab leaked and had to be replaced, CD player broke at 22,000 miles, dealer is replacing, also had a broken control arm on the right side that the dealer repaired

My First vehicle
By truckgirl

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab Standard 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2000 nissan frontier and I love it. It is my first vehicle. The truck has been very good for me, I haven't had any major problems with it. It gets me back and forth to where I need to go with no problems. I have fun driving the truck. Because of my experience with the truck I will probably buy another Frontier in the future.

Favorite Features

I love it all!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would suggest that needs to be fixed is the gas mileage. The truck is a gas hog.

Great Truck
By Long Distance Driver

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab Standard 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 200 Miles to work on Sunday Night and then the same on Friday. About 20 miles aday at work. Solid, fun to drive, great fuel ecomomy for a small truck (28 mpg at 75 mph). Only complaint was dealer who repeatedly lied during sale (surprise!!)

Favorite Features

Solid truck with excellent fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice if Jump Seats covered in same fabric as rest of interior.