2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great truck, I'll stick with Nissan
By biker on 03/21/10 18:36 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

8 years and still going strong. I use my Frontier for towing a motorcycle trailer and it does fine. Not any reliability problems except my A/C compressor is a bit noisy when it kicks on at highway speed. Nice and cold though. It has held up well in the body and interior department as well. The 2.4l 4 banger with the 5 speed is adequate but won't win any drag races. The gas mileage is great. Even with a raised topper, I get 25 and without the topper I average 26-28 on the highway. The ride is a bit stiff but it is a truck after all. Overall I am very satisfied and plan to keep it a LONG time.

I'd buy again but Frontier too big now
By kyboy on 09/12/08 19:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Truck is babied. Other than oil and filter changes, no expense, but air went out at 45k. Still on original tires at 55k. Rear vibrated even when new, 55-65 mph. Gearing is very tall, making engine appear sluggish, took some time to get used to having to rev up to take off, but love the mpg, 24/28.

Nice & Slow
By Ben on 08/14/08 15:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great truck, nice looking, great mpg, very slow. I have an auto with 63,000. Something squeaks when i go over bumps.

Good Commuter
By DJ on 06/17/07 19:26 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought brand new with only 6 miles on the odometer. Haven't had a single major problem. Had the belts replaced at 57000 miles. Other than that, oil changes and gas fill-ups. It doesn't have very much power and the A/C drains even more from the already struggling engine. However, my 5spd manual gets pretty good gas mileage (as much as 28.5 hwy).

Nissan's go..go...go and go.............
By odachimaster on 01/01/07 19:39 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned Nissan mini-trucks since 1984 purely by accident Toyota at the time were to stuck-up so I compared the 2 trucks and Nissan had the better truck on paper and since they were willing to deal I had that truck 12 years 188k and never changed a clutch this is my third one I have 51k on this one and I put new tires on it not to long ago.(I got 88k on 1st set of truck tires) I have had nothing wrong with this truck other then what I or my son have done to it.(Bent back bumper, My son's Battle Bot hurled a 10lb. Alum. box 100' into my truck blowing out my window and leaving a nasty gash all fixed) So, I say if you want something dependable you cannot go wrong with Nissan.

Gets me and my stuff there
By sivartk on 12/23/05 17:56 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my truck new for about $13,000. The only "upgrade" that it has is the color keyed body moldings. Minor repair work has needed to be done before 18,000 miles....squeaking front bumper and already had to replace the 3 belts in this little 4-banger due to squeeking. Other than that it is rock solid. It takes a while to get used to the look of the "rubbermaid" front end, but a simple grill insert improved the looks and protected my radiator. Use it to commute to work (2.2 miles) and average 23MPG w/o the AC. On the highway I have got as high as 28MPG. Great fuel economy in town even compared to some mid-sized sedans, plus you can't haul a sheet of plywood in a sedan.

like my truck :)
By Ashley on 04/09/05 13:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

just got the truck so havnt had any mechanical problems obviously, so this is basically a 1st impression. the interior seems to be pretty cheap, but its VERY comfortable, more so even than the sedan i drove before. the turning radius is amazing for the size of the vehicle, i can get it into anywhere! it is a little slow to start but when you put it in overdrive its much better, very smooth on the highway. I LOVE the way it looks too. PERFECT truck for a girl who needs one, but wants to be able to see over the dash! its just the right size for me.

I Love my truck
By ilovemytruck on 03/09/05 03:43 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 Nissan Frontier KC with 35000 miles on it and i love it it could use a lower gear in the rear end and a better clutch but over all this truck is great! this is my first truck i couldnt have picked a better one, if you are looking for a ranger,forget about it, the nissan is the best way to go. it has japinese quality and reliabilty and a higher resale value also. this is just a great truck over all.

Commute Brute
By d2 on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This truck is a typical Nissan truck. Runs forever, not much power, but will run and run and run. 52,000 miles an no problems. Just gas and oil changes. I kind of neglect the truck, but heck I only paid 13,000 for it. If I can get 6 years out of it with no major repairs and then sell it for 2,500 it is a win win. I like the style and 24 mpg highway.This kind of truck is a must for a homeowner that needs some weekend hauling. They say you can never give up a truck once you have one. Ok off to Home Depot adios,

Love my Truck
By GatorKane on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I've been very happy with my truck. It rides and drives like a truck, a little slow to start, but passes without having to downshift. I have noticed that the ABS light has been on faintly since I got the truck, although dealer says it is fine - I've been told "all of them are like that". Only other problem was the rear window started leaking during heavy rains due to a poor seal around the brake light on the cab.