Used 2002 Nissan Frontier SE-V6 King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE
By brandy

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The truck drives great the only issue is the gas mileage but that is only becuase I was used to driving a 4 cylinder and this is a V6. Handles wonderful in snow, and rain. Looks nice and I love that we bought it.

Oversize package makes it look beefy.

What a disappointment
By tjniemann

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Upgraded from a 2000 to a 2002 Frontier. Shouldnt have. Same front end squeaks from the poor front bumper design: 2 trips to dealer. Mismatched decals and condensation in the bedlamp: 2 trips to dealer. Continual loss of coolant: Three trips to dealer, the last of which they decided to tear it apart and replace head gaskets. Thinking seriously about getting my old one back, if for some strange reason its still there...

Looks are good as is the interior design.

Assemble them so that mechanically and structurally they stay together under normal conditions. What happened to the dependability of the earlier models? Too much time was spent on the exterior design without staying true to the performance quality and reliability.

Cons of the 2002 Frontier SE-V6
By tjniemann

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, this is a good vehicle, but I remember looking up reviews on Edmunds in April prior to purchasing my truck and one reviewer wrote in about the "clicking" noises in the front. I figured it was a fluke and wouldn't happen to me. Well, it did. I have "clicking" and occassional metallic "squeaking" noises in what seems to be the front suspension -- Primarily when im turning around a corner. Had it in twice and it's still not fixed....

Figure out what flaws exist in this model's suspension or front fender design and fix them.

My new lemon
By Gordo

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Well, my family has owned Nissans since 1984 so i really wanted to like this truck. However, after taking it back 4 times to Boulder Nissan and twice to John Elway Nissan I am still having major probs with it and thanks to the terrible/rude service at Boulder Nissan I'll be using the Colorado Lemon Law to get my money back. They still haven't sent me my owner's manuals and i've had this truck for 6 months! The two major probs i still have are it pulls to the left when i brake and have a very loud squeak coming from my rear window seal that silicone hasn't fixed. Mighty dangerous when it's icy!

Love the looks and the interior style. Drives great except for the dangerous brake thing.

Is much noisier inside than the tacoma and lots of wind noise that could be improved. Also, why don't small trucks come with disc brakes all around? Might want to train service depts better.