Used 2002 Nissan Frontier XE-V6 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Little truck, lotta truck !
By john d

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I use the truck primarily to tow a 3000 lb camper. The 3.3 L engine in the 2002 was rated at only 170 hp but this little truck seems to use all of them as it tows the camper plus another 500 lbs of camping gear as though it is not there. That is both with power and mileage. The camper and gear doubles the weight of the truck alone with no more than a 15-20 % increase in fuel consumption. For power I'm comparing it to my old Ford full-size with a 351 V-8. Never any maintenance in nearly 8 years of use other than regular preventative maintenance. Cannot recommend this little truck too much!!

Acts like a truck and a sedan too with the extra passenger seating. Never needs repair as long as you keep it maintained.

A few more inches of legroom in the back might allow the backseat passengers some comfort if traveling more than a few hundred miles.

Awesome Frontier
By FYREGOD

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have 2 complaints with my truck. It's averaging below 20 mpg. I previously owned a '99 S-10 V6 that averaged just over 20 mpg. I was really expecting the newer Frontier to be a little over 20, but I average about 18. Half of my 60 daily commute miles are highway. A few months ago I drove 1500 miles to visit family in California and it averaged 19 mpg (averaging 80 mph). I am very impressed with it's performance. Shortly after purchase the stereo won't play or eject CDs (err03), but it sounds great still. I am also considering buying a new extended cab Frontier when this one is paid off. Overall I'd give it about a 95% satisfactory rating.

Rockford Fosgate 6 disk CD with 7 speakers, bed extender, roof rack, power windows and doors,

6 spd manual transmission for improved economy (especially at highway speeds). Basically, keep the current ratios, just add a highway gear. Also, a stereo that allows you to manually eject CDs (but has the same quality sound!)

2002 Nissan Frontier Saved my Life
By doris

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has been a delight to drive. In only 4 short months, I grew to LOVE it and the ability it provided to haul things around. However, last weekend, I ran off the road in the rain and crashed head-on into a large tree. My truck gave its life for me! The police officer said I probably would have been killed, or certainly seriously injured, were it not for the air bag and seat belt. My air bag, seat belt, and the structural integrity of the truck saved my life. I had only a few bruises. The truck was totaled, but I was so impressed by its performance while I owned it and in this worst of circumstances, that I'm buying another one!

Structural integrity and safety features. Driving comfort in spite of being a truck.

Get whatcha pay fer
By diffie

2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Driven all kinds of trucks from great big diesels to little bitty 4-cyls... can't beat this for quality. Mileage depends on the driver. I get 15 in the city, 17(hwy) when I tow my small camper, and an honest 21(hwy) when solo (I'm happy with that with a 2-ton compact V6). I have had this truck 14- mo now and have no complaints when you consider the competition's price and quality.

Dependability and in-your-face styling