Used 2002 Nissan Frontier SC-V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Gold SC Crew Cab 4WD
By Jon-Michael DeBona

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My pickup was incredibly reliable which is typical of Nissan. This was my second Nissan. I never had a problem with either. After over three years I have not had to have any repairs done to my Frontier whatsoever. I'm thinking of trading it in for Titan only because I want more space.

Favorite Features

12V outlet in arm rest, looks, supercharger, bed extender, Nissan toolbox

Suggested Improvements

Interior looks cheap and scratches easily. Nissan should lose the "plastic metal" look. I purchased Nissan's toolbox which is plastic, but looks great and is very unique. Unfortunately it is not waterproof and leaks quite a bit.

Great overall truck
By JNegron

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I absolutely love this truck. The aggressive styling and performance in this truck is impressive. The fact that there are not that many supercharged Frontiers on the street make people really acknowledge the better look of it.

Favorite Features

The supercharged power and the aggresive design. Awesome Stereo system. Great looking 17" rims.

Suggested Improvements

The cloth seat could have been made of better material; I have a 6 year old and after seating in the back seat for a few months, some shedding has occured from brushing her shoes against the seats.

First truck and so far, so good
By EGP

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

A year and 13K+ miles, no major problems so far. Sales process and service top notch. For pros & cons, here we go: This is not a full size truck. This thing bounces around on rouch roads like Charo from the Love Boat. I got the Crew Cab for my 3 year old and it is tight, yet very functional. Also, this thing sucks petrel like no other 6-cylinder, albeit supercharged, engine I have ever seen. A- for you looking for me to grade on a curve.

Favorite Features

Interior layout; ergonomics; low-range torque; low maintenance

Suggested Improvements

Exterior styling unless you're 18; small tank and poor mileage is big headache; stereo is subpar at best