2002 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE
By brandy on 04/06/05 13:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The truck drives great the only issue is the gas mileage but that is only becuase I was used to driving a 4 cylinder and this is a V6. Handles wonderful in snow, and rain. Looks nice and I love that we bought it.

What a disappointment
By tjniemann on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Upgraded from a 2000 to a 2002 Frontier. Shouldnt have. Same front end squeaks from the poor front bumper design: 2 trips to dealer. Mismatched decals and condensation in the bedlamp: 2 trips to dealer. Continual loss of coolant: Three trips to dealer, the last of which they decided to tear it apart and replace head gaskets. Thinking seriously about getting my old one back, if for some strange reason its still there...

Cons of the 2002 Frontier SE-V6
By tjniemann on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, this is a good vehicle, but I remember looking up reviews on Edmunds in April prior to purchasing my truck and one reviewer wrote in about the "clicking" noises in the front. I figured it was a fluke and wouldn't happen to me. Well, it did. I have "clicking" and occassional metallic "squeaking" noises in what seems to be the front suspension -- Primarily when im turning around a corner. Had it in twice and it's still not fixed....

My new lemon
By Gordo on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Well, my family has owned Nissans since 1984 so i really wanted to like this truck. However, after taking it back 4 times to Boulder Nissan and twice to John Elway Nissan I am still having major probs with it and thanks to the terrible/rude service at Boulder Nissan I'll be using the Colorado Lemon Law to get my money back. They still haven't sent me my owner's manuals and i've had this truck for 6 months! The two major probs i still have are it pulls to the left when i brake and have a very loud squeak coming from my rear window seal that silicone hasn't fixed. Mighty dangerous when it's icy!