Daily commuters delight
By daily commuter on
2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I bought my truck in 2001. my registration date was 9-11. This truck got 94,000 on original tires. 105,000 on brakes. 160,000 and counting on the clutch. I just took off the seat covers and the seats are like brand new. I'm giving the truck to my son and I believe he will continue to enjoy it. I just got the front wheel alignment done for the first time last week. Mostly freeway miles but I have taken it in the mountains and to the ocean. I got 24 miles to the gallon but I had to cruise at 63 miles an hour to do it. If you put 89 octane in it you will get the 27 miles a gallon they claim. And you get to go 65 miles an hour. I will miss this vehicle.
Favorite Features
I liked the looks the interior the handling the bed length. I have avoided tons of accidents do to its visibility. And the engine torque is perfect for down hill rolling.
Suggested Improvements
I think they had it right with the size of this vehicle and wish they would have made this the standard size for the Nissan "datsun" truck. Just like our economy got to big the vehicles did too.
By chrischris70
on 01/29/12 19:14 PM (PST)

My grandfather bought this truck in 2001 on 9-21, while he was on his only break back in town from helping clean up the 9-11 wreckage. This truck had 127,615 miles on it the day that it was totaled, and it held up very well every mile. Even after a 60 MPH crash it was running (very poorly I mind you, but running none the less) and I was able to drive it off of the road out of danger of further collisions. The wreck was not due to blind spots or and defect with the truck, it was do to the 72 year old woman who had no legal rights to be driving, pulling out in front of me while I was going highway speeds. The truck was always a great, dependable vehicle and I never had any issues with it. The visibility of this tuck, had helped me avoid many accidents. The dynamics of the vehicle allowed me to maneuver it to keep the accident from killing anyone, and I was successful ensring that there were no serious injuries, and the biggest injury being a black eye. The truck always got great gas mileage compared to other vehicles of similar years. I will miss this truck. It was a very reliable truck, and it had good dead start acceleration for if I needed it. I will be looking for another one if I can find one, and will be buying it because I trust and love this truck. I strongly recommend one.