2001 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: 2001 Nissan Frontier

2001 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

2001 Nissan Frontier
By thedevilsadvocate on

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr Regular Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This truck is rock solid - it was designed to work. The larger Frontiers are for play, this truck is entirely for utility. The gas mileage wasn't bad at about a consistent 22 mpg; I used it as a student commuter or to haul my motorcycles. I never had a single mechanical issue with this vehicle (I logged 60,000 miles!). The engine is very easy to work on (I used to be in mech.engineering), insurance is dirt cheap and the body panels are easily recoverable from eBay at decent prices. This truck is much like a Lego set if you ask me.

Very reliable. I drove it for 12 consistent hours once and not a problem. Another truck backed out and broke my taillight; I bought another one on eBay for $15. I saw full body panels going for $60!

The illustrated top speed is 110 mph, but anything faster than 70 is just unsafe in this little hauler. It is susceptible to wind shifts and lacks passing power. Before I sold it, I believe the bushings were becoming problematic.