Strictly Utilitarian
By devilsadvocate on
2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr Regular Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
Nissan created the Frontier XE with reliability and function in mind. It eliminated all components that are prone to fail: power windows, locks and seats and created a truck made specifically to endure a very harsh work environment. I used it as a commuter and motorcycle hauler. For these activities it performed very well. Of the 40,000 miles I logged on this truck it spent not one hour in the shop aside routine maintenance. The larger Frontiers are designed for comfort and performance but the XE is as rugged as it gets. The interior is composed of durable plastics and rubber. The bench seat restricts the already small cab but is overall comfortable.
Favorite Features
Durability. Reliability. Huge after market industry. As a student, I have had to replace some of my taillights from time to time because people would back into my truck occasionally as they were in a hurry. I found the replacement parts all for under $50.
Suggested Improvements
Power windows and locks. No bench seat; additional space would provide for a center console. Paint needs an improved clear coat. You may find your self waxing this truck every three months. Gas mileage was average for a 2.4L engine at 22/26 city/hwy.