Bought this 2001 Frontier XE brand new in fall 2000.
It has never been our primary vehicle, but has been driven almost daily since we've had it, and has made its fair share of several-hour trips.
I cannot adequately describe how reliable and drama-free this truck has been.
Our plan is to keep it forever!
* Sits a little higher than most base-model pickups
* The only thing that has stopped working after almost 14 years of ownership is the disc reader inside the radio.
* Value-- wow. So many dependable vehicle years for such a terrific price.
* Nissan's customer service is significantly better than some other brands we've experienced.
* The headliner is not built to last.
It is made of that knit plush felty material.
Trucks like this needs a vinyl headliner or even just a pure plastic panel.
*The gas mileage is so-so for a 4-cylinder ride, but the truck's lack of mechanical tantrums will save you money.