Bought this 2001 Frontier XE brand new in fall 2000.
It has never been our primary vehicle, but has been driven almost daily since we've had it, and has made its fair share of several-hour trips.
I cannot adequately describe how reliable and drama-free this truck has been.
Our plan is to keep it forever!
* Sits a little higher than most base-model pickups
* The only thing that has stopped working after almost 14 years of ownership is the disc reader inside the radio.
* Value-- wow. So many dependable vehicle years for such a terrific price.
* Nissan's customer service is significantly better than some other brands we've experienced.
* The headliner is not built to last.
It is made of that knit plush felty material.
Trucks like this needs a vinyl headliner or even just a pure plastic panel.
*The gas mileage is so-so for a 4-cylinder ride, but the truck's lack of mechanical tantrums will save you money.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.