one issue after another
By dakota on
2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)
Well to begin with I bought this truck to replace my Toyota tacoma which got totaled out,had 85,000 miles on it when purchased and like a timer when it hit 100,000 miles everything has started falling apart, First off the tie rod went out which costs $300.00 next thing to go was the common knock sensor $600.00 which nissian ignores right after that the then the wheel bearing went and now its currently sitting in my driveway because the check engine light came on and it started missing like crazy and it now needs a $300.00 oxygen sensor which is absolutely outrageous. my toyota had 145,000 with just a power steering pump go out because it had 33inch tires on it will never own another nissian.
Favorite Features
6 disc changer
Suggested Improvements
fix the knock sensor issues and back the customers up a little bit.
By kmanissan
on 06/01/12 13:20 PM (PDT)

I don't know who these other guys are claiming that they have never had problems, but I suspect they work for Nissan dealerships. dakota is absolutely right! I also have a bad knock sensor and the mechanic I spoke with told me that he has never seen a Nissan that did NOT have a bad knock sensor. Obviously this is a design flaw which Nissan refuses to fix. I bought my Frontier new in 2001, and Here are a list of other problems that I've experienced before reaching 90,000 miles:. First, the heater switch broke pretty much as I was driving off the lot. Had that fixed at the dealer under warranty and when I got it back, there was a fan hitting a piece of plastic or something, and I had to drown it out with the radio until the plastic wore down about 6 months later (I was afraid to trust them with it again). The driver's side seat belt doesn't retract all the way and as a result, I keep closing the door on it. There was a recall for something in the universal joint, I believe. Brought it to a dealer who took 3 days to fix it after assuring me it was a 4-hour job. He refused to loan me a car until I argued with a supervisor for 20 minutes. When I got it back, I found out there had been an ENGINE FIRE!! There was fire extinguisher residue covering the underside of the hood, and they denied that it was from them and refused to let me speak with their supervisor. Immediately after that, I was suffocating from freon from the AC whenever I drove with the windows closed. I took it back and they test drove it and claimed they couldn't smell anything unusual. Eventually the AC failed completely and cost me over $800 to have repaired. So now today I was quoted MINIMUM $750 to replace the knock sensor, and also found out I have an "evaporative emission system" leak! Who knows what that's going to cost. I just paid about $950 to fix serious brake broblems! My God, the problems just never stop with thiis piece of crap. I will NEVER buy another Nissan money pit again. Nissan can kiss my @##