2001 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
ROMPING IN THE DESERT.
By RICH ABRO on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I BOUGHT MY FRONTEAR TO REPLACE MY 2 DOOR. I COULD NOT GET ALL MY FRIENDS IN THE SMALL TRUCK. THE 2001 4X4 HAS A LOT OF POWER FOR CLIMBING IN THE MOUNTAINS, BUT POOR GAS MILEAGE IN THE CITY. I LOVE MY TRUCK. RICH A.

The best truck I've ever owned
By Anthoy Clay on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Ive had a 93 and 98 Ford Ranger. but I have to say ever since I got my 01 frontier crew cab. I have been very-very impressed, with everthing but the gas mileage, but the trucks style, comfort and handling make up for it. I havnt had ant problems with the truck it now has 32k and running like it did when I first drove. GOOD JOB NISSAN. Ford needs to payt more attention.

4x4ing Skills
By 4x4ing in NV on 03/14/02 18:30 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have 10000+ miles on my '01 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4x4 Off Road SEV6 now and darn near 2000 miles have been off road. This truck is extremely capable and agile when you equip it with proper off road tires and increase the clearance of the front suspension. With the 16” stock equipped rims, ground clearance is not a problem. 175hp in this truck is plenty to get me up any obstacles that I’ve come across and with some minor upgrade engine performance parts available, this will only get better. I've driven completely around Mt. Charleston in Nevada and been thru trails that a comparable Ford Ranger 4x4 Off Road couldn’t (and wouldn’t) do.

from the big guy
By Robvd on 03/07/02 16:18 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am 6'2" 300 lbs, I like the fuel economy of a compact pickup for in town driving. I have plenty of room and comfort in the truck.

Stylish, economical pickup
By usaf52 on 03/04/02 22:14 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Initially bought the truck because I liked the styling & it received excellent reviews from auto critics. Have not had one complaint or any trouble in 13K of driving.

Nice little truck...
By jsan on 02/28/02 16:15 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent for in town driving and for carrying light cargo. Offers decent comfort and convenience, and outstanding reliability for a reasonable price.