Used 2001 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2001 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Go Frontier!!!!!!
By monzee

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have thouroughly enjoyed my nissan frontier since I have had it I have done nothing more than have regular oil changes and replaced one brake bulb very low maintence

Favorite Features

Being a woman I love all the attention I receive from driving such a classy looking truck plus I never have to worry about carting anything home!!!

Suggested Improvements

none

truck necessities
By lumpdog

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The market for a midsize pickup is extensive. My requirements were 6 cylinders, man trans, 4wd and extended cab with one of those sliding rear windows. To find exactly what you are looking for takes time. I liked the nissan for the clearance it offered off the ground and the supposed good mileage while still havin a little bit of ass to it. So far it performs well on the beach, i did get it stuck (had my cousin pull me out) but that was due to pilot error. It has the necessary power, but mileage is not ideal. ive only had it a couple months so im still finding the ideal gear spots. it tends to be a bit noisy in the low gears though.

Favorite Features

design is cool,should reinforce brush guard with metal, esp at the bottom. could care less about the legroom in back excab. its mostly for chuckin stuff, people if they need a ride from bar, like the jump seats forthat.

Suggested Improvements

Speakers marginal bedliner was chafin paintBetter wipers side rear windowsdont open.Maybe a 60/40 bench config Too many warnings on the visors.to shift back from 4wd easier Lockbox to the tailgate acessed by removing 2small screws, not a deterent

great truck
By david stark

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

it has been a very good truck , great dealer service iat mossy nissan el cojon, 4 wheel drive has worked great in the snow witer times would buy again.

Favorite Features

color stye and ride

Suggested Improvements

better fuel milage

Great Truck!!!
By GAJeepMike

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

When I purchased this truck, I knew Nissan trucks had a great reputation for dependability (I've personally known many to last 250K+ miles without a worry), but now you can add practical and fun to their reputation. With all the features, (i.e. crew cab, CD changer, V6, bed extender, roof top luggage rack, etc.) this truck couldn't be more practical, nor more fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Bed extender (you can drive it like a compact truck, but it can haul like a midsize).

Suggested Improvements

Nissan has already made more improvements in the later models than I would have suggested.

My Cab
By Tim Warner

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Have had one problem with driver seat sticking and will not move forward or backward. I am 6'4" and need the leg room

Suggested Improvements

Much better gas mileage.