2001 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Good overall except!!!
By rvcbiomed on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The only problem I have run into is the suspension being ponderous. Still working with Nissan to figure out if this a one vehicle problem or are all crew cabs experiencing this problem.

great truck
By stuie on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

purchased 4dr se long bed in may of '02 and while the gas mileage is rotten, overall I really love this truck. on the outside ther is too much plastic but it does make the truck different. I can load all my tools for work( about 1500 pounds) and go up the road with NO hesitation. I'm really surprised and pleased with this truck!!!!!!

Front Alignment and Fuel Usage Nightmare
By Jumper011 on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Nissan should go back to the drawing board with this engine. Supercharger is good idea and helps make up for the wimpy-6. Really bad fuel economy - 16 city/20 hwy for a compact pickup. Have to align the front-end every 5,000 miles at $55 bucks a pop - one of the Nissan production techs told me this was a common problem with the "bigfoots" as he called it, referring to the large wheels and tires they put on the S/C models with no suspension modifications. Do not expect tires to last more than 25K mi.

1st year - Love that truck!!!!!
By Peter Black on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had a great time with this truck. It handles well, and has power when you need it. Great truck! Great look! Highly recomend.

Japanese Gas Hog!!!
By Nunya on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bought ours new. Have appox. 57,000 miles now. Not to happy with no way to be comfortable resting arms.I was out of state when wife bought it after finding Ford escape testing to be pathetic. Dealership took advantage og a female and charged her a 10% apr!! And that's with a fico score of 810!

01 Nissan Frontier
By tdd on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Loved this truck from the day I first saw it! I drove a Toyota to compare, but there really was no comparison. The Nissan handled and rode considerably better and feels better made. The Toyota had a more performance-oriented engine, but the Nissan is more of a workhorse. My truck has almost every feature available for the XE (including V6), and it was thousands cheaper than a comparable Tacoma.

Lemon
By brian bernier on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've brought my vehicle in for repair 8 times over a 14 month span and still having problems, I am filing a claim under the Connecticut Lemon Law Act. The tires are alreay spent after 15000 miles

Nissan Forever
By Tweety12 on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my truck the first week the new body style hit the dealership. Nissan took a chance with this risky design and won by a mile. I owned a Toyota 4x4 before and thought I loved it until I got my Nissan. I have tested the limits of this truck and it has not failed to meet a challenge yet. The only visits have been for routine maitenance and the service dept has been great. I agree it could have more power without the supercharger since I pull a large boat, but as it is, it steps right up to the plate. I have become Nissan's best advertisement. If your are considering a Crew Cab Nissan, don't hesitate.

Be Careful!!!!!!
By UpsetBuyer2 on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I actually own a 2WD 4 door LB Supercharged Frontier. Like the other buyer, my truck has been in the shop about 10 times. The supercharger was making a bad noise (bearings) and they say it is normal. Truck also pulls to the right, and the tires were balanced two times already. The Supercharger only takes premium fuel, so get ready to spend some major money!!!! Also, the sticker says 15 - 18 mpg, that's a bunch of crap. I only get 208 miles to the tank in the city - this is with a 19 gallon tank. Do the math - 19 gallons at 1.70/gallon every week. Get ready to open up a credit card account.

Hwycruiser
By Rock4life on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I wanted a small truck with enough power to pull my boat and have get up and go like a car. The 6-disc cd indash is nice but lacks on wattage. The hwy's around here are a little rough so the ride can be bumpy. The tires are an odd ball size and firestone is the only one that makes that size on the Supercharged model. I can say that this truck loves the hwy speed. The worst thing about this truck is the gas mileage, IT SUCKS! I drive about 26 miles each way to work, mostly hwy and I average 14mpg. I am considering going back to a full size truck, if I am going to drive a vehicle with 18mpg or less it might as well be a full size with a V8...