Used 2001 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

it's got what i need
By amlikethewind

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

paid 7900 - 43k miles, great condition. it's our third vehicle behind a passat (speed) and explorer (road trips. drives great for a truck - i can take turns hard and it's got enough acceleration to pass the idiots yapping on their cell phones. this is a strong 4 cyl engine, and i got 26 mpg on the first tank. i'm the meanest person i know - kicked a lot of tires and yelled at a lot of sales people. this truck had the best combo of comfort, price, and reliability i could find. also, the dealer was quite reasonable to deal with - i would recommend them (http://www.jaymitsubishi.com/en_US/)

great stereo and cup holders, quiet ride and smooth for a pickup. - i don't feel at all like i'm roughing it.

locking gas cap, tilt steering wheel.

dud
By golddust

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle appears to be sold for its looks; as a truck, it is next to worthless, especially given the that is equipped with a fake spare tire.

outward appearance

equip it it with a real spare tire. don't skimp on simple things- body integrity has no integrity. i've replaced things like keys & locks and tailgate latches more than once.

Love It
By Chipchick

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I have driven many different trucks in my time, but Frontier has been the most enjoyable. It can certinaly turn heads and makes to proud to drive it. Gas mileage sucks, but I guess there is a draw back on everything. I'll pay for it.

I really can't say any one thing is my favorite as there is nothing I don't like about it. Good looks, plenty of power and fun to drive.

Gas Mileage

Insert review title here
By jwb0507

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my Nissan Frontier SE 4WD now for 7 months and I have almost no complaints. It performed well for me in the summer heat of NC and now is doing great in the winter snow of NH. I never worried about getting to work. In 4WD it is a bit difficult to make sharp turns (i.e. parking lot) but I guess its standard with a 4WD. Its a bit difficult to get in and out of the truck. The step rail is more for decoration. I was thinking of getting a car but I like the versatility of a truck with 4 doors. I guess its the truck for the undecided.

4WD versitility style 6 disc CD changer great v6 engine

Either lower the step rail so its easier to get in and out of the truck (sacrificing ground clearance) or take them off altogether.

Well worth it
By Jereth

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased my Frontier. I had to drive it 7 and a half hours back home. It drove great the whole way. You get everything you can out of it. Very comfortable for long trips. The styling makes it a great head turner. The SE version comes packed with extras uncommon to most trucks. A good truck for someone wanting just that, a good truck.

Extras on the inside. Outside styling. 5-speed drives great. Nissan reliability.