2001 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
The most utility for the buck!
By hydrogeek on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is the most versitile vehicle I have owned. I can haul the kids, camping gear, mountain bikes, take the wife to dinner and commute to work. This a less refined vehicle than some on the road (i.e. Lexus, Infiniti) but it gets the job down well with great exterior styling.

Great Lil' Truck
By ATG on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Has been a great little work horse. Have hauled "lots of materials in it. Really fun to drive! Get a lot of comments about its looks!

It's ok.
By ADOBO on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I was very excited to get the new Crew Cab design knowing the Nissan reputation. This one, unfortunately, proved me wrong. After I bought this vehicle, the "Nissan reputation" I relied on went down the drain. The vehicle had gone to the shop 8 times the first month after I purchased it. To top this off, the Nissan Corporation gave me the run-around. I was on the verge of filing under the Illinois Lemon Law. This may be the last Nissan I'll buy.

Gas Hog
By shawn60095 on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SC-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

My Nissan is a Gas Hog. I am getting 13 miles per gallon,in the winter, and 15 in the summer. I know why the differnce form weather to summer is the cold, and no my foot is not to the floor. But this kind of mileage is very very very poor. I live in the north and we have bad winter, I had to get snow tire because nissan put summer tires on a 4x4 truck(how dumb). I wish nissan would do somthing with the frontier. with out the supercharger they are the weakest small truck out there. I had a Toyota Tacoma with the v6 and was getting 19 to 20 year round. I should have kept my Toy.

Its good but....it could be better
By ROLLER on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've had no problems thus far with this vehicle. My only problem and maybe I'm being picky is the gas mileage and the speed limiter. The truck shuts down when you hit about 100mph. And yes I do have a heavy foot.

Great for the money
By Monty on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have a desert runner with v6 manual trans. This is my second Nissan truck. The first one was an 1988 HD long bed v6 that had 225000 miles. That truck held up so well I had to buy another. I love my new one, its so smooth and drives great. Everyone complains about the gas mileage but mine is no different than my old truck. I think the gearing is to low,the engine runs at 3000 RPM at 70 MPH, but it has 4x4 gearing.

so sad
By jkuntz1056@aol.com on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

My dessert runner is 18 months old with 17000 miles. I am 46 and do not drive off road or drive it hard. This week the bearings went out in the engine. Nissan is installing a new engine. They said it was nothing I did, it happens.

a miata with a truck bed attached!
By bpm on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

This is a great truck. I have not had any problems. It is fast, fun to drive and handles great. the seats are very comfortable and the cd changer is really good. The only dislike so far is a few minor squeaks and rattles and the premium fuel requirement for the supercharger will cost you!

2 Dr SE Desert Runner XCab
By mattsmith20 on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Good overall truck for the money. Mechanically superb. Styling is unique.

2001 Nissan Fontier 2x4 reg cab
By Newton1234567 on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr Regular Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have been impressed with this pickup. The only problem is that the rubber seals around the plastic fender flares are comming unglued. I hope it's covered by the warranty. I have drived a few 8hour days and it's pretty comfortable for a reg cab bench seat.