Used 2001 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2001 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Does the job other than gas mileage
By EdH

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the truck as a demo and couldve done better on the deal but came out ok. Truck runs great and handles just like a truck should handle. The overdrive kicks in way to quick while using cruise and going up a hill. This annoys the wife. Other than having the drivers door power window regulator assembly replaced and one of the rear doors also, havent had any problems with the vehicle except for mileage. Going to try a 70 series tire when these wear out and see if that helps the 16's really hurt the mileage on a V6.

Favorite Features

CD Changer, Good looks, spacious engine area makes it easy for steam cleaning and armour all.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room on driver. Better audio quality, BETTER MILEAGE (4.3L wouldve been nice).

I'd do it again!
By critch

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

The truck has run without issue for 3 years. No maintenance other than wear and tear. Nissan has been great covering any recall issues and has gone above and beyond by replacing a window motor ($400) free with the window regulator recall. Kudos to Nissan. I've 4 wheeled in snow, mud, and sand, and it's performed very well. I've gained a high level of confidence in the 4 wheel drive capabilities of this vehicle. SuperCharger makes it fun to drive but the downside is fuel consumption. Getting expensive these days.

Favorite Features

Would have to be the SuperCharger; I would not have bought it without it.

Suggested Improvements

Bit more stretch between the wheels would allow a bit more room in back. Adults don't fit well, much less 3 kids! It doesn't take long for complaints to start from the back seat.

2001 Nissan Frontier
By Pegasuss

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Nissan put some heart into this truck and given the same circumstances as when I bought it, I would buy it again. I do have a serious complaint about the gas mileage of this vehicle. Despite a number of different things I have tried, I rarely if ever get over 19 miles per gallon. Performance, Reliability, and features are what I LOVE about this truck. It is truly "my baby."

Favorite Features

6 CD Player, Auto Everything, Look of the Truck, Handles Nice, but a little "cagey" on sharp or sudden cornering.

Suggested Improvements

Would love to see better gas mileage, in the 20's per gallen 'at least.' Wider carriage for better stability. The "high profile" nature of this vehicle can result in a roll-over crash with sudden sharp turning.

The little truck that can
By lazy fisherman

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the truck for cheap transportation. I needed something with 25 mpg at 75mph for my 70 mile to work round trip, plus be able to tow my boat anywhere. Best experience was full bed load, while towing moving trailer with wife and mother in law to Georgia, no problems had to leave it in 4th gear on expressway.

Favorite Features

Proven towing ability and gas milage. Owned a 1985 over 200k still on the road

Suggested Improvements

Fan belts squeeled at idle, had to run a wire brush on side of belts to correct, need higher quality belts, I will install at 50K small $$$

this truck rocks
By nissanman

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I looked at Toyota,Dodge,and Nissan Crew Cabs and the Nissan impressed the most based on overall feature and performance value.I was a little disappointed in the mileage at first,but with a cat back exhaust system,open air filter,and throttle body spacer plate the performance and mileage were greatly improved.And best of all,all mods.cost less than $500.00.I've owned several Nissans over the years and will continue to buy them as long as they keep up the great quality and value tradition.

Favorite Features

style,performance on and off road

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage