Used 2001 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

I'd do it again!
By critch

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

The truck has run without issue for 3 years. No maintenance other than wear and tear. Nissan has been great covering any recall issues and has gone above and beyond by replacing a window motor ($400) free with the window regulator recall. Kudos to Nissan. I've 4 wheeled in snow, mud, and sand, and it's performed very well. I've gained a high level of confidence in the 4 wheel drive capabilities of this vehicle. SuperCharger makes it fun to drive but the downside is fuel consumption. Getting expensive these days.

Would have to be the SuperCharger; I would not have bought it without it.

Bit more stretch between the wheels would allow a bit more room in back. Adults don't fit well, much less 3 kids! It doesn't take long for complaints to start from the back seat.

I'm lovin it!
By PHF

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I really love my truck thus far- it's only been 4 yrs! If I could change anything it would be the gas milage- not very good considering the trucks size but it is a six cyldr. Looks a lot better than the toyota and has an incredible resale value. the battery is due for a check up but other than that changing the oil is all Ive had to do. Highly recommend and will probably buy another.

the front grill is awesome and the steering wheel radio features are cool. love hauling the kids in back seat and playing in mud- no sqeaking like an american 4yr old vehicle.

more rear leg room-longer life battery and better gas milage without sacrificing power-

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab
By mbfuller

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck not only looks "hot", it is! I love the front end design, and receive compliments on its look wherever I go, mostly from men. Old and young, they love the look of my Frontier Crew Cab pickup, black in color. The chrome looks especially good. While not a large pickup, it is perfect for smaller loads, such as gardening tools and plants, furniture, and even groceries are handy with the extender folded inside neatly!

The Look - gauges, interior, exterior the ease of "sliding" into the driver's seat instead of having to step up the running bars the extender The wheels The 6-cd player

None

Almost a good truck
By Watercolors

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Itís been reliable & very utilitarian. The bed extender works well. Front seat comfort is good,back seat is OK. The handling is numb and the fuel economy is poor but itís a four wheel drive truck. What is a problem is the paint and the carpets. The Aluminum colored bumper paint is falling off on the edges and on the roof rack. These are areas where its had little contact with anything. Also the carpet is discoloring. The trucks not been abused. I'm going to take it to Nissan and see what they say but I don't have high hopes. On my previous Nissan truck there were similar problems and they walked away from them. I swore I wouldn't buy another but I did.

It's utilitarian.

Paint and interior quality.

it's got what i need
By amlikethewind

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

paid 7900 - 43k miles, great condition. it's our third vehicle behind a passat (speed) and explorer (road trips. drives great for a truck - i can take turns hard and it's got enough acceleration to pass the idiots yapping on their cell phones. this is a strong 4 cyl engine, and i got 26 mpg on the first tank. i'm the meanest person i know - kicked a lot of tires and yelled at a lot of sales people. this truck had the best combo of comfort, price, and reliability i could find. also, the dealer was quite reasonable to deal with - i would recommend them (http://www.jaymitsubishi.com/en_US/)

great stereo and cup holders, quiet ride and smooth for a pickup. - i don't feel at all like i'm roughing it.

locking gas cap, tilt steering wheel.