2001 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Rear ABS problems
By MeHere on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Nice truck, but had rear ABS problems from the beginning. Dealer no help, told me ABS was fine. It did work in the beginning but after 3 or 4 K miles it did not work, snow or rain and the rear brakes did not work. It even failed the two year inspection and the dealer charged 50 bucks to adjust the rear brakes !

Under-rated, well-priced
By wmetcalf on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Amazing what $15,000 will buy these days! My wife loves it! Comfort and quietness of a sedan. Decent mileage (26-27 hwy). No problem cruising and passing in excess of legal speed limits. Excellent handling, great visibility. Great highway truck. Plenty of interior storage, cup holders, aux. lights. Little 4-banger dies out at anything under 2500 rpm though, making it less than ideal for a lot of stop- and-go.

Wow what a truck
By Konkrete on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has it all. It might be a slight bit underpowed in the street raceing sence but for pulling power its nuts. im a farmer i wnated a mid sized truck to haul stuff with and be able to handle mud and snow and still have balls but not be a huge beast like the dodges or fords full sized ones. anyway this truck can do this 4500 pounds on the hitch ( gotta get one installed not on the bumper) plus 1400 on the back of the box. the rpms barly move going 110 kph on the highway. super tough not one thing to repplace on it after 120000km bout 100000 miles other then oil and air filters and greasinf it up well. it can haul alot of people to.

this truck rocks
By nissanman on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I looked at Toyota,Dodge,and Nissan Crew Cabs and the Nissan impressed the most based on overall feature and performance value.I was a little disappointed in the mileage at first,but with a cat back exhaust system,open air filter,and throttle body spacer plate the performance and mileage were greatly improved.And best of all,all mods.cost less than $500.00.I've owned several Nissans over the years and will continue to buy them as long as they keep up the great quality and value tradition.

My First New Car
By brian numkena on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I found the truck to be priced well for my dollar. Did have a few problems, one with the rubber piece between the fenders and plastic trim (came loose), the other was a bad seal on my steering box (Nissan replaced, was under warranty). Lacks power but is a 4 cyl. I feel the fuel economy is not reasonable, but is better then the competition.

The little truck that can
By lazy fisherman on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the truck for cheap transportation. I needed something with 25 mpg at 75mph for my 70 mile to work round trip, plus be able to tow my boat anywhere. Best experience was full bed load, while towing moving trailer with wife and mother in law to Georgia, no problems had to leave it in 4th gear on expressway.

Does the job other than gas mileage
By EdH on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the truck as a demo and couldve done better on the deal but came out ok. Truck runs great and handles just like a truck should handle. The overdrive kicks in way to quick while using cruise and going up a hill. This annoys the wife. Other than having the drivers door power window regulator assembly replaced and one of the rear doors also, havent had any problems with the vehicle except for mileage. Going to try a 70 series tire when these wear out and see if that helps the 16's really hurt the mileage on a V6.

Problem Vehicle
By 77 on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is not a well built truck. I had 27 trips to the dealer for major repairs such as brakes, the ABS system failed twice, and I still have problems. Dealer support is almost non- exsistent, and contacting Nissan directly was useless.

2001 Nissan Frontier
By Pegasuss on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Nissan put some heart into this truck and given the same circumstances as when I bought it, I would buy it again. I do have a serious complaint about the gas mileage of this vehicle. Despite a number of different things I have tried, I rarely if ever get over 19 miles per gallon. Performance, Reliability, and features are what I LOVE about this truck. It is truly "my baby."

Gas Hog!!
By carty1 on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Not bad, but fuel economy drags down the overall rating. I'm getting 13.5- 15.0 for in-city driving. No difference noticed for highway driving!?!