2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Hwycruiser
By Rock4life on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I wanted a small truck with enough power to pull my boat and have get up and go like a car. The 6-disc cd indash is nice but lacks on wattage. The hwy's around here are a little rough so the ride can be bumpy. The tires are an odd ball size and firestone is the only one that makes that size on the Supercharged model. I can say that this truck loves the hwy speed. The worst thing about this truck is the gas mileage, IT SUCKS! I drive about 26 miles each way to work, mostly hwy and I average 14mpg. I am considering going back to a full size truck, if I am going to drive a vehicle with 18mpg or less it might as well be a full size with a V8...

The best truck I've ever owned
By Anthoy Clay on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Ive had a 93 and 98 Ford Ranger. but I have to say ever since I got my 01 frontier crew cab. I have been very-very impressed, with everthing but the gas mileage, but the trucks style, comfort and handling make up for it. I havnt had ant problems with the truck it now has 32k and running like it did when I first drove. GOOD JOB NISSAN. Ford needs to payt more attention.

4x4ing Skills
By 4x4ing in NV on 03/14/02 18:30 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have 10000+ miles on my '01 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4x4 Off Road SEV6 now and darn near 2000 miles have been off road. This truck is extremely capable and agile when you equip it with proper off road tires and increase the clearance of the front suspension. With the 16” stock equipped rims, ground clearance is not a problem. 175hp in this truck is plenty to get me up any obstacles that I’ve come across and with some minor upgrade engine performance parts available, this will only get better. I've driven completely around Mt. Charleston in Nevada and been thru trails that a comparable Ford Ranger 4x4 Off Road couldn’t (and wouldn’t) do.