Used 2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

dud
By golddust

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle appears to be sold for its looks; as a truck, it is next to worthless, especially given the that is equipped with a fake spare tire.

outward appearance

equip it it with a real spare tire. don't skimp on simple things- body integrity has no integrity. i've replaced things like keys & locks and tailgate latches more than once.

Love It
By Chipchick

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I have driven many different trucks in my time, but Frontier has been the most enjoyable. It can certinaly turn heads and makes to proud to drive it. Gas mileage sucks, but I guess there is a draw back on everything. I'll pay for it.

I really can't say any one thing is my favorite as there is nothing I don't like about it. Good looks, plenty of power and fun to drive.

Gas Mileage

DON"T BUY!!!!
By rustyvell

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

A/C breaks down every 5-6 months. No power in the 4 cycl. eng. Service at dealerships No Help!

cup holders

start over and add some power if your still using the 4 cycl.

Go Frontier!!!!!!
By monzee

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have thouroughly enjoyed my nissan frontier since I have had it I have done nothing more than have regular oil changes and replaced one brake bulb very low maintence

Being a woman I love all the attention I receive from driving such a classy looking truck plus I never have to worry about carting anything home!!!

none

truck necessities
By lumpdog

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The market for a midsize pickup is extensive. My requirements were 6 cylinders, man trans, 4wd and extended cab with one of those sliding rear windows. To find exactly what you are looking for takes time. I liked the nissan for the clearance it offered off the ground and the supposed good mileage while still havin a little bit of ass to it. So far it performs well on the beach, i did get it stuck (had my cousin pull me out) but that was due to pilot error. It has the necessary power, but mileage is not ideal. ive only had it a couple months so im still finding the ideal gear spots. it tends to be a bit noisy in the low gears though.

design is cool,should reinforce brush guard with metal, esp at the bottom. could care less about the legroom in back excab. its mostly for chuckin stuff, people if they need a ride from bar, like the jump seats forthat.

Speakers marginal bedliner was chafin paintBetter wipers side rear windowsdont open.Maybe a 60/40 bench config Too many warnings on the visors.to shift back from 4wd easier Lockbox to the tailgate acessed by removing 2small screws, not a deterent