2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
well it is a truck
By a truck on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Have not had any problems so far,This is a truck,so it drives like a truck and gets gas milage like a truck.I would buy another one.

Looks great, good interior, but problems
By RJL on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

My fuel system was replaced after repeatedly overflowing (see other owner comments), my ABS light goes on and off but a problem cannot be determined b/c it never is "on" at the dealership (so much for computer memory), and my automatic window needed repair. I was one step away from successfully completing a Lemon Law case against Nissan (3 visits to the dealer without a resolution) - they finally brought in a fuel system expert from CA to fix the problem. The gas mileage still stinks!

Great Truck
By mjm1 on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 01 4WD crew cab new in 4/01. I now have 33K miles on it and just now had my first problem. The driver's side front power window is getting stuck and will need to be repaired. Other than that, it's been running great and gets tons of compliments. Sound system is great. Handles snow good in 4WD, but poor in 2WD

Wow what a truck
By Konkrete on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has it all. It might be a slight bit underpowed in the street raceing sence but for pulling power its nuts. im a farmer i wnated a mid sized truck to haul stuff with and be able to handle mud and snow and still have balls but not be a huge beast like the dodges or fords full sized ones. anyway this truck can do this 4500 pounds on the hitch ( gotta get one installed not on the bumper) plus 1400 on the back of the box. the rpms barly move going 110 kph on the highway. super tough not one thing to repplace on it after 120000km bout 100000 miles other then oil and air filters and greasinf it up well. it can haul alot of people to.

this truck rocks
By nissanman on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I looked at Toyota,Dodge,and Nissan Crew Cabs and the Nissan impressed the most based on overall feature and performance value.I was a little disappointed in the mileage at first,but with a cat back exhaust system,open air filter,and throttle body spacer plate the performance and mileage were greatly improved.And best of all,all mods.cost less than $500.00.I've owned several Nissans over the years and will continue to buy them as long as they keep up the great quality and value tradition.

The little truck that can
By lazy fisherman on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the truck for cheap transportation. I needed something with 25 mpg at 75mph for my 70 mile to work round trip, plus be able to tow my boat anywhere. Best experience was full bed load, while towing moving trailer with wife and mother in law to Georgia, no problems had to leave it in 4th gear on expressway.

Does the job other than gas mileage
By EdH on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the truck as a demo and couldve done better on the deal but came out ok. Truck runs great and handles just like a truck should handle. The overdrive kicks in way to quick while using cruise and going up a hill. This annoys the wife. Other than having the drivers door power window regulator assembly replaced and one of the rear doors also, havent had any problems with the vehicle except for mileage. Going to try a 70 series tire when these wear out and see if that helps the 16's really hurt the mileage on a V6.

2001 Nissan Frontier
By Pegasuss on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Nissan put some heart into this truck and given the same circumstances as when I bought it, I would buy it again. I do have a serious complaint about the gas mileage of this vehicle. Despite a number of different things I have tried, I rarely if ever get over 19 miles per gallon. Performance, Reliability, and features are what I LOVE about this truck. It is truly "my baby."

Gas Hog!!
By carty1 on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Not bad, but fuel economy drags down the overall rating. I'm getting 13.5- 15.0 for in-city driving. No difference noticed for highway driving!?!

The most utility for the buck!
By hydrogeek on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is the most versitile vehicle I have owned. I can haul the kids, camping gear, mountain bikes, take the wife to dinner and commute to work. This a less refined vehicle than some on the road (i.e. Lexus, Infiniti) but it gets the job down well with great exterior styling.