2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Efficiency over Power
By bkaiser on 09/12/06 16:33 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used from an individual in 12/05 and have since put about 12,000 miles on it. Overall, I love this little truck for what it is: an inexpensive, efficient little hauler. It's not very powerful or roomy on the inside, but for a "compact" truck (of which there really aren't any more, these days) it excels in many other areas. I routinely average 26 mpg on the highway (as high as 30mpg on a couple of trips) and about 22 mpg in mixed/city driving -- this is fantastic, I think, given that this is a TRUCK and not at all designed for efficiency. I've had a few mechanical issues to deal with (front suspension bushings worn, rear shocks worn) but nothing major to date.

Better than I expected
By James McE on 12/09/05 23:02 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has proven itself to be more than I could have expected. Since I put 30k or more miles per year on a vehicle, I didn't expect to keep this truck for more than two years... I have now owned my truck for almost 4 years and it runs just as strong as it did when I bought it. The only negetive points I can think of is the wiring for the license plate lights in the rear and the front headlights. the interior dome light is somewhat dim as well, and the seats have a bit to be desired in the lumbar area, not very forgiving on your lower back on long hauls. Otherwise, this truck has my complete satisfaction, too bad they changed the body style after only 4 years...

Rear End Problem
By 203 on 02/03/05 21:45 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 43,000 miles the rear-end destroyed itself. Over the course of 43,000 miles it was used to haul a 1000 pound load 10-12 times. Other than that, it was used only for light weight items. The 4 cylinder version severely suffers from acceleration underperformace problems but the fuel milage is good. Don't expect the dealership to suggest that a repair may be covered under warranty. They may act like that the truck doesn't have a warranty.

Great Compact Truck
By S. Carlblom on 01/05/05 19:05 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my 2001 Nissan Frontier for a little over a couple months now, and have had no problems. It drives great, but could use a little more power out of the 4-cyl. motor. Its styling is impeccable, interior and exterior. I get great gas milage, about 25+ hwy, and 20 city. It's very reliable, and always runs well. It had everything I was looking for in a compact truck.

it's got what i need
By amlikethewind on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

paid 7900 - 43k miles, great condition. it's our third vehicle behind a passat (speed) and explorer (road trips. drives great for a truck - i can take turns hard and it's got enough acceleration to pass the idiots yapping on their cell phones. this is a strong 4 cyl engine, and i got 26 mpg on the first tank. i'm the meanest person i know - kicked a lot of tires and yelled at a lot of sales people. this truck had the best combo of comfort, price, and reliability i could find. also, the dealer was quite reasonable to deal with - i would recommend them (http://www.jaymitsubishi.com/en_US/)

dud
By golddust on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle appears to be sold for its looks; as a truck, it is next to worthless, especially given the that is equipped with a fake spare tire.

Love It
By Chipchick on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I have driven many different trucks in my time, but Frontier has been the most enjoyable. It can certinaly turn heads and makes to proud to drive it. Gas mileage sucks, but I guess there is a draw back on everything. I'll pay for it.

DON"T BUY!!!!
By rustyvell on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

A/C breaks down every 5-6 months. No power in the 4 cycl. eng. Service at dealerships No Help!

Go Frontier!!!!!!
By monzee on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have thouroughly enjoyed my nissan frontier since I have had it I have done nothing more than have regular oil changes and replaced one brake bulb very low maintence

truck necessities
By lumpdog on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The market for a midsize pickup is extensive. My requirements were 6 cylinders, man trans, 4wd and extended cab with one of those sliding rear windows. To find exactly what you are looking for takes time. I liked the nissan for the clearance it offered off the ground and the supposed good mileage while still havin a little bit of ass to it. So far it performs well on the beach, i did get it stuck (had my cousin pull me out) but that was due to pilot error. It has the necessary power, but mileage is not ideal. ive only had it a couple months so im still finding the ideal gear spots. it tends to be a bit noisy in the low gears though.