2001 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
GREAT TRUCK
By JW63 on 07/28/08 16:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

After owning my desert runner s/c for almost 8 yrs I feel qualified to to write this review. The performance of this truck is always a kick. My friend at work has a hemi Dodge and he cant catch me! The interior looks great, and not out of date yet. The leather seats have held up remarkably well and are comfortable on short hauls or long trips. The back seat area was fine up until my daughter turned 7, then it got tight. I have read a few reviews saying they had problems with front end alignments and short tire life.. Mine has never been touched and I got 49,000 miles out of the original firestones. The fuel mileage is mediocre, but I would buy another in a heartbeat!

Love my Frontier!!
By FrontierLuver on 07/10/08 16:18 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've got 78,000 miles on my baby and I have no complaints whatsoever. Have not had one problem. Have done nothing but regular maintenance. I would highly recommend this truck to anyone looking for a good, solid, reliable little truck.

My favorite TRUCK
By MAGMAN on 06/28/08 08:38 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck over three years ago as gas prices started to increase (dumped my Sequoia). My Frontier Crewcab SE has 194,000 miles on it and runs great! Gas mileage is not awesome but it is a truck. The quality of the leather interior has held up great, as has the silver paint (which is a color that usually fades more than others). I will buy another Frontier as my next truck when and if this one ever dies. I have owned a Ford F250 in the past...gas hog and built like a typical American car. Big, bulky and not well built for any amount of time.

Original Owner
By LM on 05/20/08 16:54 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I bought this truck new and I still really love it. I do NOT like the gas mileage, but it is not a daily driver anymore. I have some problems now and I'm getting ready to fix them: Fuel pump recall, cracked exhaust manifold, either tie rod or some other part has gone bad to cause the front end to shake. I do enjoy driving it - it is fun! I know you can get a newer truck with better mileage and more modern features but - I like the body style and I do not see too many SCs around. It's irritating to have to use 93 octane - at $4 a gallon!! I will do some mods to get a little more power out this summer.

Strictly Utilitarian
By devilsadvocate on 04/28/08 12:31 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr Regular Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Nissan created the Frontier XE with reliability and function in mind. It eliminated all components that are prone to fail: power windows, locks and seats and created a truck made specifically to endure a very harsh work environment. I used it as a commuter and motorcycle hauler. For these activities it performed very well. Of the 40,000 miles I logged on this truck it spent not one hour in the shop aside routine maintenance. The larger Frontiers are designed for comfort and performance but the XE is as rugged as it gets. The interior is composed of durable plastics and rubber. The bench seat restricts the already small cab but is overall comfortable.

2001 Nissan Frontier
By thedevilsadvocate on 04/21/08 19:01 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr Regular Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This truck is rock solid - it was designed to work. The larger Frontiers are for play, this truck is entirely for utility. The gas mileage wasn't bad at about a consistent 22 mpg; I used it as a student commuter or to haul my motorcycles. I never had a single mechanical issue with this vehicle (I logged 60,000 miles!). The engine is very easy to work on (I used to be in mech.engineering), insurance is dirt cheap and the body panels are easily recoverable from eBay at decent prices. This truck is much like a Lego set if you ask me.

Tough
By Krista Lucas on 10/09/07 20:13 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I've been hit hard twice (both times my vehicle was stopped) and the other vehicles had much damage and only very little surface scratches to mine.

Good, reliable, and dependable
By Reliable as heck on 09/15/07 08:01 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck 2 years ago. So far I've only replaced one 25 dollar AC blower motor, the tires, and the oil (occasionally). The thing has over 115,000 miles and runs like a champ. I have never, ever, ever had a single problem with it that prevented me from doing what I wanted to do with it. I use it for bikes, canoes, hauling wood, driving around town, and I've never had any performance difficulties with my manual transmission. Plastic bumpers have a tendency to fade after awhile.

Great Little Truck
By volfan32 on 03/30/07 14:38 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've had a Ranger, Dakota, and an S10, and this truck has been better than them all. A little underpowered and a gas hog, but the front is comfortable and the four doors are great. Bed extender for the short bed is a must. Great looks, well built, engine has plenty of aftermarket parts available. I will own another Frontier after my experience with this one.

I love Frontiers
By mutants-dad on 11/05/06 10:51 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this truck. I've had no maintenance problems with it. It hauls what I need it to haul. The price was right and it got great mileage for a truck. It was built so tough that when I was involved in an accident with a dumb kid driving a Sequoia my little truck got the better of that big SUV.