Used 2001 Nissan Frontier XE-V6 Dessert Runner King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Good, reliable, and dependable
By Reliable as heck

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck 2 years ago. So far I've only replaced one 25 dollar AC blower motor, the tires, and the oil (occasionally). The thing has over 115,000 miles and runs like a champ. I have never, ever, ever had a single problem with it that prevented me from doing what I wanted to do with it. I use it for bikes, canoes, hauling wood, driving around town, and I've never had any performance difficulties with my manual transmission. Plastic bumpers have a tendency to fade after awhile.

Favorite Features

Studly looking, cold AC, lots of power (if driving a manual, reliable).

Suggested Improvements

Use real bumpers (that don't fade). Softer ride would be nice too.

Great for the money
By Monty

I have a desert runner with v6 manual trans. This is my second Nissan truck. The first one was an 1988 HD long bed v6 that had 225000 miles. That truck held up so well I had to buy another. I love my new one, its so smooth and drives great. Everyone complains about the gas mileage but mine is no different than my old truck. I think the gearing is to low,the engine runs at 3000 RPM at 70 MPH, but it has 4x4 gearing.

Favorite Features

Reliability, comfort, good looks, locking tailgate.

Suggested Improvements

Better tires

so sad
By jkuntz1056@aol.com

My dessert runner is 18 months old with 17000 miles. I am 46 and do not drive off road or drive it hard. This week the bearings went out in the engine. Nissan is installing a new engine. They said it was nothing I did, it happens.

ROMPING IN THE DESERT.
By RICH ABRO

I BOUGHT MY FRONTEAR TO REPLACE MY 2 DOOR. I COULD NOT GET ALL MY FRIENDS IN THE SMALL TRUCK. THE 2001 4X4 HAS A LOT OF POWER FOR CLIMBING IN THE MOUNTAINS, BUT POOR GAS MILEAGE IN THE CITY. I LOVE MY TRUCK. RICH A.

Favorite Features

RADIO & CRUISE CONTROL ON THE STEERING WHEEL. 4 WEEL ON THE FLY.

Suggested Improvements

GAS MILEGE.