2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 3.3L V6 5-speed Manual 4.7 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

XE-V6 Dessert Runner King Cab (3.3L V6 5-speed Manual 4.7 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Good, reliable, and dependable
By Reliable as heck on 09/15/07 08:01 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck 2 years ago. So far I've only replaced one 25 dollar AC blower motor, the tires, and the oil (occasionally). The thing has over 115,000 miles and runs like a champ. I have never, ever, ever had a single problem with it that prevented me from doing what I wanted to do with it. I use it for bikes, canoes, hauling wood, driving around town, and I've never had any performance difficulties with my manual transmission. Plastic bumpers have a tendency to fade after awhile.

Great for the money
By Monty on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

I have a desert runner with v6 manual trans. This is my second Nissan truck. The first one was an 1988 HD long bed v6 that had 225000 miles. That truck held up so well I had to buy another. I love my new one, its so smooth and drives great. Everyone complains about the gas mileage but mine is no different than my old truck. I think the gearing is to low,the engine runs at 3000 RPM at 70 MPH, but it has 4x4 gearing.

so sad
By jkuntz1056@aol.com on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

My dessert runner is 18 months old with 17000 miles. I am 46 and do not drive off road or drive it hard. This week the bearings went out in the engine. Nissan is installing a new engine. They said it was nothing I did, it happens.

ROMPING IN THE DESERT.
By RICH ABRO on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

I BOUGHT MY FRONTEAR TO REPLACE MY 2 DOOR. I COULD NOT GET ALL MY FRIENDS IN THE SMALL TRUCK. THE 2001 4X4 HAS A LOT OF POWER FOR CLIMBING IN THE MOUNTAINS, BUT POOR GAS MILEAGE IN THE CITY. I LOVE MY TRUCK. RICH A.