Used 2001 Nissan Frontier SE-V6 King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

fun with some issues
By nissan owner

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

It has the power you would expect from a V6. The four wheel drive is great. Has good clearance. Has good strong wheels and big tires so it is capable of going of the beaten path if needed. The only problems so far are that we needed to change the alternator when I first got it and the front upper control arms needed the bushings replaced to fix negative camber on the both sides of the front. The most recent issue this truck has is it makes a grinding or scraping noise like metal on metal on the passengers side right before the transmission shifts up. When the tranny shifts the sound goes away. Hasn't effected the performance but sounds horrible. 1,2,3, on fan motor don't work,don't mind

sound of engine, and it is fun to drive, reliable as long as you keep up with maintenance.

more room in cabin, gas mileage. not a improvement but when did the upper control arm ball joints when did the bushings.

Better than I expected
By James McE

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has proven itself to be more than I could have expected. Since I put 30k or more miles per year on a vehicle, I didn't expect to keep this truck for more than two years... I have now owned my truck for almost 4 years and it runs just as strong as it did when I bought it. The only negetive points I can think of is the wiring for the license plate lights in the rear and the front headlights. the interior dome light is somewhat dim as well, and the seats have a bit to be desired in the lumbar area, not very forgiving on your lower back on long hauls. Otherwise, this truck has my complete satisfaction, too bad they changed the body style after only 4 years...

Seats, quality of wiring of lighting components including front headlights, and license tail lamps...

truck necessities
By lumpdog

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The market for a midsize pickup is extensive. My requirements were 6 cylinders, man trans, 4wd and extended cab with one of those sliding rear windows. To find exactly what you are looking for takes time. I liked the nissan for the clearance it offered off the ground and the supposed good mileage while still havin a little bit of ass to it. So far it performs well on the beach, i did get it stuck (had my cousin pull me out) but that was due to pilot error. It has the necessary power, but mileage is not ideal. ive only had it a couple months so im still finding the ideal gear spots. it tends to be a bit noisy in the low gears though.

design is cool,should reinforce brush guard with metal, esp at the bottom. could care less about the legroom in back excab. its mostly for chuckin stuff, people if they need a ride from bar, like the jump seats forthat.

Speakers marginal bedliner was chafin paintBetter wipers side rear windowsdont open.Maybe a 60/40 bench config Too many warnings on the visors.to shift back from 4wd easier Lockbox to the tailgate acessed by removing 2small screws, not a deterent

great truck
By david stark

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

it has been a very good truck , great dealer service iat mossy nissan el cojon, 4 wheel drive has worked great in the snow witer times would buy again.

color stye and ride