Used 2001 Nissan Frontier XE-V6 King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Love-it, if you can afford fuel
By Dan Myers

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck can go anywhere, and do just about anything. I keep it nice and clean and get so many compliments on its beefy, in your face look. I like the fact that I can work on it myself easily, even though I have had no major problems just the normal wear items. The rear bumper is hard to keep from chips even though I have factory oversized mud flaps. Love the color med. blue with dark gray trim. The worst is the mileage 13.5 around town, and 15.4 on a trip, for a small truck?? I have buddies with full sized trucks who do better. But I still like the truck.

Favorite Features

Real easy dash board, even at night. Easy to find things under hood, and work on.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage!!

01 Nissan Frontier
By tdd

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Loved this truck from the day I first saw it! I drove a Toyota to compare, but there really was no comparison. The Nissan handled and rode considerably better and feels better made. The Toyota had a more performance-oriented engine, but the Nissan is more of a workhorse. My truck has almost every feature available for the XE (including V6), and it was thousands cheaper than a comparable Tacoma.

Favorite Features

styling (interior and exterior), layout of controls, power features, bed extender (love it!)

Suggested Improvements

A little more legroom and width to the driver's compartment would be nice. I'm 6'2, however and I took it on a 5 hour drive for vacation with no discomfort at all.