2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
fun with some issues
By nissan owner on 10/02/09 13:16 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

It has the power you would expect from a V6. The four wheel drive is great. Has good clearance. Has good strong wheels and big tires so it is capable of going of the beaten path if needed. The only problems so far are that we needed to change the alternator when I first got it and the front upper control arms needed the bushings replaced to fix negative camber on the both sides of the front. The most recent issue this truck has is it makes a grinding or scraping noise like metal on metal on the passengers side right before the transmission shifts up. When the tranny shifts the sound goes away. Hasn't effected the performance but sounds horrible. 1,2,3, on fan motor don't work,don't mind

Better than I expected
By James McE on 12/09/05 23:02 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has proven itself to be more than I could have expected. Since I put 30k or more miles per year on a vehicle, I didn't expect to keep this truck for more than two years... I have now owned my truck for almost 4 years and it runs just as strong as it did when I bought it. The only negetive points I can think of is the wiring for the license plate lights in the rear and the front headlights. the interior dome light is somewhat dim as well, and the seats have a bit to be desired in the lumbar area, not very forgiving on your lower back on long hauls. Otherwise, this truck has my complete satisfaction, too bad they changed the body style after only 4 years...

truck necessities
By lumpdog on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The market for a midsize pickup is extensive. My requirements were 6 cylinders, man trans, 4wd and extended cab with one of those sliding rear windows. To find exactly what you are looking for takes time. I liked the nissan for the clearance it offered off the ground and the supposed good mileage while still havin a little bit of ass to it. So far it performs well on the beach, i did get it stuck (had my cousin pull me out) but that was due to pilot error. It has the necessary power, but mileage is not ideal. ive only had it a couple months so im still finding the ideal gear spots. it tends to be a bit noisy in the low gears though.

great truck
By david stark on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

it has been a very good truck , great dealer service iat mossy nissan el cojon, 4 wheel drive has worked great in the snow witer times would buy again.