Used 2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Most Helpful|
Daily commuters delight
By daily commuter

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my truck in 2001. my registration date was 9-11. This truck got 94,000 on original tires. 105,000 on brakes. 160,000 and counting on the clutch. I just took off the seat covers and the seats are like brand new. I'm giving the truck to my son and I believe he will continue to enjoy it. I just got the front wheel alignment done for the first time last week. Mostly freeway miles but I have taken it in the mountains and to the ocean. I got 24 miles to the gallon but I had to cruise at 63 miles an hour to do it. If you put 89 octane in it you will get the 27 miles a gallon they claim. And you get to go 65 miles an hour. I will miss this vehicle.

Favorite Features

I liked the looks the interior the handling the bed length. I have avoided tons of accidents do to its visibility. And the engine torque is perfect for down hill rolling.

Suggested Improvements

I think they had it right with the size of this vehicle and wish they would have made this the standard size for the Nissan "datsun" truck. Just like our economy got to big the vehicles did too.

Better than I expected
By James McE

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has proven itself to be more than I could have expected. Since I put 30k or more miles per year on a vehicle, I didn't expect to keep this truck for more than two years... I have now owned my truck for almost 4 years and it runs just as strong as it did when I bought it. The only negetive points I can think of is the wiring for the license plate lights in the rear and the front headlights. the interior dome light is somewhat dim as well, and the seats have a bit to be desired in the lumbar area, not very forgiving on your lower back on long hauls. Otherwise, this truck has my complete satisfaction, too bad they changed the body style after only 4 years...

Suggested Improvements

Seats, quality of wiring of lighting components including front headlights, and license tail lamps...

great truck
By Tony Eberhardy

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I bought my truck used 10/05. I love this truck and plan on buying another one like it whent the time comes. It has good power, great looks, and is very reliable. The only drawback is the gas mileage, I get about 18 miles a gallon.

Favorite Features

looks and reliability

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage

DON"T BUY!!!!
By rustyvell

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

A/C breaks down every 5-6 months. No power in the 4 cycl. eng. Service at dealerships No Help!

Favorite Features

cup holders

Suggested Improvements

start over and add some power if your still using the 4 cycl.

it's got what i need
By amlikethewind

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

paid 7900 - 43k miles, great condition. it's our third vehicle behind a passat (speed) and explorer (road trips. drives great for a truck - i can take turns hard and it's got enough acceleration to pass the idiots yapping on their cell phones. this is a strong 4 cyl engine, and i got 26 mpg on the first tank. i'm the meanest person i know - kicked a lot of tires and yelled at a lot of sales people. this truck had the best combo of comfort, price, and reliability i could find. also, the dealer was quite reasonable to deal with - i would recommend them (http://www.jaymitsubishi.com/en_US/)

Favorite Features

great stereo and cup holders, quiet ride and smooth for a pickup. - i don't feel at all like i'm roughing it.

Suggested Improvements

locking gas cap, tilt steering wheel.