2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
True to it's Nissan/Datsun heritage
By anymouse1 on 02/12/12 19:38 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned 3 of these trucks, starting with a 1970 Datsun PL521 (my first truck), and a 95 Nissan Hardbody XE. This 2001 base model XE 4 cylinder 5 speed is as good and reliable as the prior trucks. I bought it in June 2008 and it had only 85K on it. It now has 116K, and is barely broken in. When I first got it, I repainted it the original Silver and installed a new set of Firestone A/T tires. I've only performed basics maintenance and a tune up and a newer battery. I've driven this truck on one long trip to MO to bring back a bass boat from my Dad's place. It towed pretty well, even in the Western VA mountains. (3rd gear up hills) I highly recommend this truck!

Daily commuters delight
By daily commuter on 09/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my truck in 2001. my registration date was 9-11. This truck got 94,000 on original tires. 105,000 on brakes. 160,000 and counting on the clutch. I just took off the seat covers and the seats are like brand new. I'm giving the truck to my son and I believe he will continue to enjoy it. I just got the front wheel alignment done for the first time last week. Mostly freeway miles but I have taken it in the mountains and to the ocean. I got 24 miles to the gallon but I had to cruise at 63 miles an hour to do it. If you put 89 octane in it you will get the 27 miles a gallon they claim. And you get to go 65 miles an hour. I will miss this vehicle.

My first Pick-up
By Frontier Frank on 04/06/10 13:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Bought brand-new. Went into dealership to purchase another type of vehicle could not make a deal and asked if they had any of the new super-charged pick-ups. Drove it, bought it and 9 years later have no regrets. It's the most fun vehicle to drive and the workmanship and paint of the vehicle have been outstanding. Turned out the dealer I bought it from was the best I have ever dealt with.

fun with some issues
By nissan owner on 10/02/09 13:16 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

It has the power you would expect from a V6. The four wheel drive is great. Has good clearance. Has good strong wheels and big tires so it is capable of going of the beaten path if needed. The only problems so far are that we needed to change the alternator when I first got it and the front upper control arms needed the bushings replaced to fix negative camber on the both sides of the front. The most recent issue this truck has is it makes a grinding or scraping noise like metal on metal on the passengers side right before the transmission shifts up. When the tranny shifts the sound goes away. Hasn't effected the performance but sounds horrible. 1,2,3, on fan motor don't work,don't mind

Love-it, if you can afford fuel
By Dan Myers on 08/08/08 14:06 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck can go anywhere, and do just about anything. I keep it nice and clean and get so many compliments on its beefy, in your face look. I like the fact that I can work on it myself easily, even though I have had no major problems just the normal wear items. The rear bumper is hard to keep from chips even though I have factory oversized mud flaps. Love the color med. blue with dark gray trim. The worst is the mileage 13.5 around town, and 15.4 on a trip, for a small truck?? I have buddies with full sized trucks who do better. But I still like the truck.

GREAT TRUCK
By JW63 on 07/28/08 16:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

After owning my desert runner s/c for almost 8 yrs I feel qualified to to write this review. The performance of this truck is always a kick. My friend at work has a hemi Dodge and he cant catch me! The interior looks great, and not out of date yet. The leather seats have held up remarkably well and are comfortable on short hauls or long trips. The back seat area was fine up until my daughter turned 7, then it got tight. I have read a few reviews saying they had problems with front end alignments and short tire life.. Mine has never been touched and I got 49,000 miles out of the original firestones. The fuel mileage is mediocre, but I would buy another in a heartbeat!

Love my Frontier!!
By FrontierLuver on 07/10/08 16:18 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've got 78,000 miles on my baby and I have no complaints whatsoever. Have not had one problem. Have done nothing but regular maintenance. I would highly recommend this truck to anyone looking for a good, solid, reliable little truck.

Good, reliable, and dependable
By Reliable as heck on 09/15/07 08:01 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE-V6 Desert Runner 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck 2 years ago. So far I've only replaced one 25 dollar AC blower motor, the tires, and the oil (occasionally). The thing has over 115,000 miles and runs like a champ. I have never, ever, ever had a single problem with it that prevented me from doing what I wanted to do with it. I use it for bikes, canoes, hauling wood, driving around town, and I've never had any performance difficulties with my manual transmission. Plastic bumpers have a tendency to fade after awhile.

I love Frontiers
By mutants-dad on 11/05/06 10:51 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this truck. I've had no maintenance problems with it. It hauls what I need it to haul. The price was right and it got great mileage for a truck. It was built so tough that when I was involved in an accident with a dumb kid driving a Sequoia my little truck got the better of that big SUV.

great truck
By Tony Eberhardy on 09/25/06 07:25 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier King Cab 2dr King Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I bought my truck used 10/05. I love this truck and plan on buying another one like it whent the time comes. It has good power, great looks, and is very reliable. The only drawback is the gas mileage, I get about 18 miles a gallon.