2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great Little Truck
By volfan32 on 03/30/07 14:38 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've had a Ranger, Dakota, and an S10, and this truck has been better than them all. A little underpowered and a gas hog, but the front is comfortable and the four doors are great. Bed extender for the short bed is a must. Great looks, well built, engine has plenty of aftermarket parts available. I will own another Frontier after my experience with this one.

Questionable Nissan Quality
By ablit on 12/07/04 16:44 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

After 51,000miles, my 2001 Frontier's AC would not blow cold air. i had it checked out at the dealer and the low end hose was leaking and was replaced,at my cost. After a few days, hot air was blowing again. Now, it's the evaporative cooler behind the dash that is leaking. This, I think, is a highly unexpected problem to occur on a car this new. I thought Nissans were very reliable, that is why I bought it, in the first place.

Its good but....it could be better
By ROLLER on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've had no problems thus far with this vehicle. My only problem and maybe I'm being picky is the gas mileage and the speed limiter. The truck shuts down when you hit about 100mph. And yes I do have a heavy foot.

1st year - Love that truck!!!!!
By Peter Black on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had a great time with this truck. It handles well, and has power when you need it. Great truck! Great look! Highly recomend.

The best truck I've ever owned
By Anthoy Clay on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Ive had a 93 and 98 Ford Ranger. but I have to say ever since I got my 01 frontier crew cab. I have been very-very impressed, with everthing but the gas mileage, but the trucks style, comfort and handling make up for it. I havnt had ant problems with the truck it now has 32k and running like it did when I first drove. GOOD JOB NISSAN. Ford needs to payt more attention.