Used 2001 Nissan Frontier SE-V6 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

My favorite TRUCK
By MAGMAN

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck over three years ago as gas prices started to increase (dumped my Sequoia). My Frontier Crewcab SE has 194,000 miles on it and runs great! Gas mileage is not awesome but it is a truck. The quality of the leather interior has held up great, as has the silver paint (which is a color that usually fades more than others). I will buy another Frontier as my next truck when and if this one ever dies. I have owned a Ford F250 in the past...gas hog and built like a typical American car. Big, bulky and not well built for any amount of time.

I have the se model. Leather, sunroof, power everything 6 cd changers. Great!

Better gas mileage if possible, but it is a truck after all!

01' Nissan Frontier v6 - NOT Recommended
By BaLLSnatch

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I would never recommend this truck to anyone. I am not saying it is horrible, it is just not a "truck". To begin with, these 3.3's are VERY underpowered. I would expect a small underpowered motor to have great milage, Yet they are HORRIBLE gas hogs !!! You might as well have a 350 v8 !!! Because, No matter city or highway driving and no matter what type gas, you can EXPECT 15 miles per gallon. The exhaust manifolds crack after about 75k miles, but, LUCKILY they are relatively easy to change. Handling is no good. After a lot of modifications and upgrades I still do not like it. (I take care of my vehicles and expect the most from them) I have 98' S10 which I would RECOMMEND any day over it!

I have come to like roomyness of the cab (with only 2 people inside - 3+ persons will NEVER ride comfortably). The seats can be relaxed back and you have plenty of room to stretch out. Tortion bars were a good feature when I decided to lift it. Honestly, you get what you pay for. They are cheap$.

1: The bed is too short. After you put a toolbox in, there isnt enough room for anything. BUT, the long bed 4 door models are just as bad in other areas. 2: The motor needs to be scrapped. Who's idea was it to use an outdated underpowered gas hog CAR engine in a truck ? 3: Styling imprvmnts !

3700
By NISSANOWNER

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is more like an suv with a truck bed however the four door back seat is very small no normal size adult can fit. The standard v6 is weak even up hill the look and the interior are the reson i bought this truck and the fact it has had no problems, but it just a little to slow and wussy in the long run it will still be a good running truck when i trade it in.

radio 6disc cd

more power

I'm lovin it!
By PHF

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I really love my truck thus far- it's only been 4 yrs! If I could change anything it would be the gas milage- not very good considering the trucks size but it is a six cyldr. Looks a lot better than the toyota and has an incredible resale value. the battery is due for a check up but other than that changing the oil is all Ive had to do. Highly recommend and will probably buy another.

the front grill is awesome and the steering wheel radio features are cool. love hauling the kids in back seat and playing in mud- no sqeaking like an american 4yr old vehicle.

more rear leg room-longer life battery and better gas milage without sacrificing power-

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab
By mbfuller

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck not only looks "hot", it is! I love the front end design, and receive compliments on its look wherever I go, mostly from men. Old and young, they love the look of my Frontier Crew Cab pickup, black in color. The chrome looks especially good. While not a large pickup, it is perfect for smaller loads, such as gardening tools and plants, furniture, and even groceries are handy with the extender folded inside neatly!

The Look - gauges, interior, exterior the ease of "sliding" into the driver's seat instead of having to step up the running bars the extender The wheels The 6-cd player

None