2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
My favorite TRUCK
By MAGMAN on 06/28/08 08:38 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck over three years ago as gas prices started to increase (dumped my Sequoia). My Frontier Crewcab SE has 194,000 miles on it and runs great! Gas mileage is not awesome but it is a truck. The quality of the leather interior has held up great, as has the silver paint (which is a color that usually fades more than others). I will buy another Frontier as my next truck when and if this one ever dies. I have owned a Ford F250 in the past...gas hog and built like a typical American car. Big, bulky and not well built for any amount of time.

01' Nissan Frontier v6 - NOT Recommended
By BaLLSnatch on 05/10/05 22:54 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I would never recommend this truck to anyone. I am not saying it is horrible, it is just not a "truck". To begin with, these 3.3's are VERY underpowered. I would expect a small underpowered motor to have great milage, Yet they are HORRIBLE gas hogs !!! You might as well have a 350 v8 !!! Because, No matter city or highway driving and no matter what type gas, you can EXPECT 15 miles per gallon. The exhaust manifolds crack after about 75k miles, but, LUCKILY they are relatively easy to change. Handling is no good. After a lot of modifications and upgrades I still do not like it. (I take care of my vehicles and expect the most from them) I have 98' S10 which I would RECOMMEND any day over it!

3700
By NISSANOWNER on 11/07/04 19:30 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is more like an suv with a truck bed however the four door back seat is very small no normal size adult can fit. The standard v6 is weak even up hill the look and the interior are the reson i bought this truck and the fact it has had no problems, but it just a little to slow and wussy in the long run it will still be a good running truck when i trade it in.

I'm lovin it!
By PHF on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I really love my truck thus far- it's only been 4 yrs! If I could change anything it would be the gas milage- not very good considering the trucks size but it is a six cyldr. Looks a lot better than the toyota and has an incredible resale value. the battery is due for a check up but other than that changing the oil is all Ive had to do. Highly recommend and will probably buy another.

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab
By mbfuller on 05/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck not only looks "hot", it is! I love the front end design, and receive compliments on its look wherever I go, mostly from men. Old and young, they love the look of my Frontier Crew Cab pickup, black in color. The chrome looks especially good. While not a large pickup, it is perfect for smaller loads, such as gardening tools and plants, furniture, and even groceries are handy with the extender folded inside neatly!

Well worth it
By Jereth on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased my Frontier. I had to drive it 7 and a half hours back home. It drove great the whole way. You get everything you can out of it. Very comfortable for long trips. The styling makes it a great head turner. The SE version comes packed with extras uncommon to most trucks. A good truck for someone wanting just that, a good truck.

Great Truck!!!
By GAJeepMike on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

When I purchased this truck, I knew Nissan trucks had a great reputation for dependability (I've personally known many to last 250K+ miles without a worry), but now you can add practical and fun to their reputation. With all the features, (i.e. crew cab, CD changer, V6, bed extender, roof top luggage rack, etc.) this truck couldn't be more practical, nor more fun to drive.

My Cab
By Tim Warner on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Have had one problem with driver seat sticking and will not move forward or backward. I am 6'4" and need the leg room

well it is a truck
By a truck on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Have not had any problems so far,This is a truck,so it drives like a truck and gets gas milage like a truck.I would buy another one.

Looks great, good interior, but problems
By RJL on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

My fuel system was replaced after repeatedly overflowing (see other owner comments), my ABS light goes on and off but a problem cannot be determined b/c it never is "on" at the dealership (so much for computer memory), and my automatic window needed repair. I was one step away from successfully completing a Lemon Law case against Nissan (3 visits to the dealer without a resolution) - they finally brought in a fuel system expert from CA to fix the problem. The gas mileage still stinks!