2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
one issue after another
By dakota on 03/03/10 19:59 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Well to begin with I bought this truck to replace my Toyota tacoma which got totaled out,had 85,000 miles on it when purchased and like a timer when it hit 100,000 miles everything has started falling apart, First off the tie rod went out which costs $300.00 next thing to go was the common knock sensor $600.00 which nissian ignores right after that the then the wheel bearing went and now its currently sitting in my driveway because the check engine light came on and it started missing like crazy and it now needs a $300.00 oxygen sensor which is absolutely outrageous. my toyota had 145,000 with just a power steering pump go out because it had 33inch tires on it will never own another nissian.

Great truck
By nd on 10/15/09 12:49 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I've had the truck for a couple of years now and have had a few issues with it but all in all has been a good truck. I have put more than my fair share of abuse on it such as offroading and heavy towing and it's done allright. Haven't had any real Major problems. Another suggested improvement is the front bumper is very flimsy I've had to replace it twice from offroading in snow.

Gas Hog!!
By carty1 on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Not bad, but fuel economy drags down the overall rating. I'm getting 13.5- 15.0 for in-city driving. No difference noticed for highway driving!?!

Front Alignment and Fuel Usage Nightmare
By Jumper011 on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Nissan should go back to the drawing board with this engine. Supercharger is good idea and helps make up for the wimpy-6. Really bad fuel economy - 16 city/20 hwy for a compact pickup. Have to align the front-end every 5,000 miles at $55 bucks a pop - one of the Nissan production techs told me this was a common problem with the "bigfoots" as he called it, referring to the large wheels and tires they put on the S/C models with no suspension modifications. Do not expect tires to last more than 25K mi.

Hwycruiser
By Rock4life on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I wanted a small truck with enough power to pull my boat and have get up and go like a car. The 6-disc cd indash is nice but lacks on wattage. The hwy's around here are a little rough so the ride can be bumpy. The tires are an odd ball size and firestone is the only one that makes that size on the Supercharged model. I can say that this truck loves the hwy speed. The worst thing about this truck is the gas mileage, IT SUCKS! I drive about 26 miles each way to work, mostly hwy and I average 14mpg. I am considering going back to a full size truck, if I am going to drive a vehicle with 18mpg or less it might as well be a full size with a V8...