2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
one issue after another
By dakota on 03/03/10 19:59 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Well to begin with I bought this truck to replace my Toyota tacoma which got totaled out,had 85,000 miles on it when purchased and like a timer when it hit 100,000 miles everything has started falling apart, First off the tie rod went out which costs $300.00 next thing to go was the common knock sensor $600.00 which nissian ignores right after that the then the wheel bearing went and now its currently sitting in my driveway because the check engine light came on and it started missing like crazy and it now needs a $300.00 oxygen sensor which is absolutely outrageous. my toyota had 145,000 with just a power steering pump go out because it had 33inch tires on it will never own another nissian.

Great truck
By nd on 10/15/09 12:49 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I've had the truck for a couple of years now and have had a few issues with it but all in all has been a good truck. I have put more than my fair share of abuse on it such as offroading and heavy towing and it's done allright. Haven't had any real Major problems. Another suggested improvement is the front bumper is very flimsy I've had to replace it twice from offroading in snow.

Give me tires or give me death!!!
By mgm on 07/20/09 13:42 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Nice truck overall. Interior nice but a little small. Back seat okay for kids but not for adults. Replaced the supercharger under warranty. Gas mileage horrible compared to my 93 frontier. Biggest problem are the tires. The high performance 17 inch tires are no good. They only get 15- 18k miles and I get many flats on the dirt rds I travel. The only available tire is $220.00 apiece. UGH!! I find the 4ft bed too small as well. I put a cap on mine which eliminates the use of the bed extender. Truck looks nice and have had minimal function problems. I have 54k for mileage and had to replace the back springs and need a whole exhaust system. Can you say time to trade.

My favorite TRUCK
By MAGMAN on 06/28/08 08:38 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck over three years ago as gas prices started to increase (dumped my Sequoia). My Frontier Crewcab SE has 194,000 miles on it and runs great! Gas mileage is not awesome but it is a truck. The quality of the leather interior has held up great, as has the silver paint (which is a color that usually fades more than others). I will buy another Frontier as my next truck when and if this one ever dies. I have owned a Ford F250 in the past...gas hog and built like a typical American car. Big, bulky and not well built for any amount of time.

Original Owner
By LM on 05/20/08 16:54 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I bought this truck new and I still really love it. I do NOT like the gas mileage, but it is not a daily driver anymore. I have some problems now and I'm getting ready to fix them: Fuel pump recall, cracked exhaust manifold, either tie rod or some other part has gone bad to cause the front end to shake. I do enjoy driving it - it is fun! I know you can get a newer truck with better mileage and more modern features but - I like the body style and I do not see too many SCs around. It's irritating to have to use 93 octane - at $4 a gallon!! I will do some mods to get a little more power out this summer.

Tough
By Krista Lucas on 10/09/07 20:13 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I've been hit hard twice (both times my vehicle was stopped) and the other vehicles had much damage and only very little surface scratches to mine.

Great Little Truck
By volfan32 on 03/30/07 14:38 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've had a Ranger, Dakota, and an S10, and this truck has been better than them all. A little underpowered and a gas hog, but the front is comfortable and the four doors are great. Bed extender for the short bed is a must. Great looks, well built, engine has plenty of aftermarket parts available. I will own another Frontier after my experience with this one.

poor fuel economy
By Mike on 02/15/06 15:31 PM (PST)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The truck is good looking and has sufficient power. Truck has been well taken care of and has met the off road demands that I have placed on it. Interior and exterior are well designed. A crowed favorite.

Nice but....
By Idlejunk on 06/08/05 10:02 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

This truck is an average truck with good in-your-face, like it or leave it styling. The average comments come from the following: Bad Stuff: 1) Underpowered for towing / hauling (yes - even with the supercharged engine) 2) Sloppy transmission with poor ratio's for towing / hauling 3) Horrifing gas milage for a small truck! (14.5 MPG city - 14.5 MPG highway) 4) Exhaust Header that cracks about every 40K miles (has been covered under warranty) 5) Finicky about fuel - requires 93 octane to avoid knocking and supercharger cut-outs. 6) Steering Effort is High Good Stuff: 7) Off-Road Capabilities 8) Seats - very comfortable (leather) 9) Dash Layout - easy to navigate with gloves LOOKS!

01' Nissan Frontier v6 - NOT Recommended
By BaLLSnatch on 05/10/05 22:54 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I would never recommend this truck to anyone. I am not saying it is horrible, it is just not a "truck". To begin with, these 3.3's are VERY underpowered. I would expect a small underpowered motor to have great milage, Yet they are HORRIBLE gas hogs !!! You might as well have a 350 v8 !!! Because, No matter city or highway driving and no matter what type gas, you can EXPECT 15 miles per gallon. The exhaust manifolds crack after about 75k miles, but, LUCKILY they are relatively easy to change. Handling is no good. After a lot of modifications and upgrades I still do not like it. (I take care of my vehicles and expect the most from them) I have 98' S10 which I would RECOMMEND any day over it!

1 2 3 4 5 next »