Used 2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

one issue after another
By dakota

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Well to begin with I bought this truck to replace my Toyota tacoma which got totaled out,had 85,000 miles on it when purchased and like a timer when it hit 100,000 miles everything has started falling apart, First off the tie rod went out which costs $300.00 next thing to go was the common knock sensor $600.00 which nissian ignores right after that the then the wheel bearing went and now its currently sitting in my driveway because the check engine light came on and it started missing like crazy and it now needs a $300.00 oxygen sensor which is absolutely outrageous. my toyota had 145,000 with just a power steering pump go out because it had 33inch tires on it will never own another nissian.

6 disc changer

fix the knock sensor issues and back the customers up a little bit.

Great truck
By nd

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I've had the truck for a couple of years now and have had a few issues with it but all in all has been a good truck. I have put more than my fair share of abuse on it such as offroading and heavy towing and it's done allright. Haven't had any real Major problems. Another suggested improvement is the front bumper is very flimsy I've had to replace it twice from offroading in snow.

I really like the six disc changer.

To start with it is almost impossible to do any basic engine work on it, such as the new knock sensor it needs is a $120 part that will cost $580 to get installed. Another complaint is gas mileage is 12.5 with a 31in tire on it which isn't that big of a step up from stock.

Give me tires or give me death!!!
By mgm

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

Nice truck overall. Interior nice but a little small. Back seat okay for kids but not for adults. Replaced the supercharger under warranty. Gas mileage horrible compared to my 93 frontier. Biggest problem are the tires. The high performance 17 inch tires are no good. They only get 15- 18k miles and I get many flats on the dirt rds I travel. The only available tire is $220.00 apiece. UGH!! I find the 4ft bed too small as well. I put a cap on mine which eliminates the use of the bed extender. Truck looks nice and have had minimal function problems. I have 54k for mileage and had to replace the back springs and need a whole exhaust system. Can you say time to trade.

General looks and nice interior (even though too small)

More efficient engine and get rid of the performance rims and tires. If you market as a 4wd assume someone might want to take it off the tar without getting flats.

My favorite TRUCK
By MAGMAN

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck over three years ago as gas prices started to increase (dumped my Sequoia). My Frontier Crewcab SE has 194,000 miles on it and runs great! Gas mileage is not awesome but it is a truck. The quality of the leather interior has held up great, as has the silver paint (which is a color that usually fades more than others). I will buy another Frontier as my next truck when and if this one ever dies. I have owned a Ford F250 in the past...gas hog and built like a typical American car. Big, bulky and not well built for any amount of time.

I have the se model. Leather, sunroof, power everything 6 cd changers. Great!

Better gas mileage if possible, but it is a truck after all!

Original Owner
By LM

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD (3.3L 6cyl S/C 5M)

I bought this truck new and I still really love it. I do NOT like the gas mileage, but it is not a daily driver anymore. I have some problems now and I'm getting ready to fix them: Fuel pump recall, cracked exhaust manifold, either tie rod or some other part has gone bad to cause the front end to shake. I do enjoy driving it - it is fun! I know you can get a newer truck with better mileage and more modern features but - I like the body style and I do not see too many SCs around. It's irritating to have to use 93 octane - at $4 a gallon!! I will do some mods to get a little more power out this summer.

Body style, leather interior, nice stock wheels (for the SC), moon roof, 6 CD player, interior space. Still have the original clutch w/98K miles.

Mileage! But, I'm stuck with that. My headlights seem dim compared to my new car. I never did like the look of the rear bumper much, looks like it's too low. I enjoy this vehicle and will keep it for as long as I can.