2001 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Most reliable vehicle we have ever owned
By amd6577 on 04/25/14 11:59 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr Regular Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this 2001 Frontier XE brand new in fall 2000. It has never been our primary vehicle, but has been driven almost daily since we've had it, and has made its fair share of several-hour trips. I cannot adequately describe how reliable and drama-free this truck has been. Our plan is to keep it forever!

Strictly Utilitarian
By devilsadvocate on 04/28/08 12:31 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr Regular Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Nissan created the Frontier XE with reliability and function in mind. It eliminated all components that are prone to fail: power windows, locks and seats and created a truck made specifically to endure a very harsh work environment. I used it as a commuter and motorcycle hauler. For these activities it performed very well. Of the 40,000 miles I logged on this truck it spent not one hour in the shop aside routine maintenance. The larger Frontiers are designed for comfort and performance but the XE is as rugged as it gets. The interior is composed of durable plastics and rubber. The bench seat restricts the already small cab but is overall comfortable.

2001 Nissan Frontier
By thedevilsadvocate on 04/21/08 19:01 PM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr Regular Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This truck is rock solid - it was designed to work. The larger Frontiers are for play, this truck is entirely for utility. The gas mileage wasn't bad at about a consistent 22 mpg; I used it as a student commuter or to haul my motorcycles. I never had a single mechanical issue with this vehicle (I logged 60,000 miles!). The engine is very easy to work on (I used to be in mech.engineering), insurance is dirt cheap and the body panels are easily recoverable from eBay at decent prices. This truck is much like a Lego set if you ask me.

2001 Nissan Fontier 2x4 reg cab
By Newton1234567 on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Nissan Frontier 2dr Regular Cab XE 2WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have been impressed with this pickup. The only problem is that the rubber seals around the plastic fender flares are comming unglued. I hope it's covered by the warranty. I have drived a few 8hour days and it's pretty comfortable for a reg cab bench seat.