2000 Nissan Frontier 3.3L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Solid, low maintenance truck

2000 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

SE Extended Cab Pickup (3.3L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Solid, low maintenance truck
By Ryan on

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I don't expect much from a vehicle, getting me where I need to go without much drama is all I require, and the Frontier did that in spades. It was reliable, handled well and offered a smooth ride. I purchased it in 2005 with 55,000 on the clock, and traded it in for a 2005 Ford in Oct. 09, Frontier had 117,000 on the clock then. During my ownership, the only thing other than basic maintenance items (tires, shocks, exhaust, bulbs) that it needed was a blower speed control module, which was a $20 part at the local parts store. I traded it in because I wanted something new and wanted to make a run with a domestic brand , time will tell if I made a wise choice.

Favorite Features

Reliability, good ride quality for a small truck, good 4WD system. Motor/driveline didn't have a squeak or leak in 117,000 miles.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage wasn't the best, radiator core support was badly rotted near the end of my tenure and several other areas of minor rust on the box corners, I feel this is not so much poor material quality but due to the excessive use of road salt in WI winters.