2000 Nissan Frontier 3.3L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Rock-Solid, Market-Wise

2000 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

Rock-Solid, Market-Wise
By SkiMan on

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

It has been three years and I am just getting started with this truck. What still amazes me is the value for the money factor with this rig. I am a contractor and this truck does not get pampered. I had a fullsize before but this time decided to try the midsize with this crew cab setup. It was definitely the right move, this rig is a strong little truck. A lot of quality has been built in to this model by the manufacturer - which is good because Nissan dealership service departments can be such a nightmare.

Favorite Features

Smooth operating O/D switch on the AUTO shift lever helps with braking under heavy loads, and allows for lighter braking when icey/muddy. How Nissan can combine such smooth and comfortable ride feel with performance handling and workload capability is amazing.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan went to the Robo-Cop look in the next model year: bad move. Note to Nissan: please establish some higher standards in your dealer service departments. Fuel economy that Toyota puts into its V-6 would no doubt vault Nissan into top truck status.