In Love even after 200,000-Xlint
By ER on
2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB
Wow. First of the yellow ones off the line in 1999, Bought with 6k mi for $17,000. Now have 200k. First 100k, this truck's ride was rock solid without ANY unscheduled repair - amazing. My American trucks prior never did this. Even at 150k, this truck rode like a car - nice. Now the poor thing is a clunker-cant fix suspension. But it starts every morning, most reliable. Our S420 Mercedes was completely falling apart (interior especially) after 100k, long sold. Frontier hangs on-no broken interior parts even though parts are thin. 6 yrs of 2 kids in back have left no broken features. People ask if the yellow paint is new every time I wash (rare) and I haven't waxed in years. Amazing performance
Favorite Features
Durability-I've beat on it for sure (offroad like demon) and still runs great. not one broken part, great suspension, allowed 80k on first tires. Best paint. Ride- was amazing. Looks-I never grow tired. Even my wife liked driving this. I now am looking at the nice 2005 same models.
Suggested Improvements
Would love 24mpg, not going to happen, gets 18mpg (still and always). Back seat is for very small people-road trip hurts, but it fit the kids/car seats ok. Seats still bad but not worse than when new. Sluggish on highway. Needed locking differential few times.