Truck Must Have Been Built on a Friday
By TSmith on
2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB
I do not know how anyone could rate this truck at anything but very poor. I guess that I must have just bought a vehicle built on a bad day. I purchased this vehicle right after they came out and had many problems with it even though it was taken very good care of. Bad fit and finish. Every small item in car broke. Plastic on inside of the passenger door shattered when it was very cold one winter. No power. Bad gas mileage. Rear tailgate fell off. A very heavy small truck and bad 4WD. At 115k the engine blew a head gasket and the mechanic said I needed a new engine! I was through. I paid a premium price for this truck and it was anything but that. My last Nissan.
Favorite Features
Crew cab pickup.
Suggested Improvements
Where do I start?
By sleeksteel
on 10/18/11 14:27 PM (PDT)

Strange you didn't get a great Frontier. My Frontier is the same model as yours and I still have it. It has 200K mi and still drives like new. Mine is always parked outdoors....never in the garage. I even take it off-roading once a year. I've seen others with older Nissan trucks that they take out to do some off-roading. Some of them have Frontiers that have rusted-out bodies and still drives fast on rough terrain.