2000 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Good Truck
By textodd on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB

Overall this truck has been very good and reliable. We will probably get another one when our lease expires in May 2003.

Practical Hauler for Common People
By rainylake on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

The Frontier is not a contractor grade truck, but it does the jobs that most average households need to get done. Pulls a small boat fine, 4wd on beach or mud is great, carries 4 adults fairly easy. Hiway ride is noisy but safe. The engine revs high to maintain speed and MPG should be better for such a light truck. The best thing about this truck is that it is easy to operate and inexpensive to own. No problems of any kind and it feels like it will run forever. Interior is comfortable.

I love my truck!
By kas00 on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I've had my truck for 2 years, drive it pretty steadily, and have never had any problems with it. It's a great truck.

Lots of Bang for the Buck
By slayrdave on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

A very sexy truck with matching fiberglass cap.Only two problems:A electrical short behind the dash disabled the power windows when the cruise control was used.Always occured with the windows down.Two visits to the dealer before it was corrected.Truck body has the SHAKES,Dealer balanced and re balanced tires,installed new Driveshaft prop.Concluded I had a tire out of round,suggested that I buy new tires.Dealer needs to work on Customer Service.I think it's stupid to make an appointment for an oil change.I would like to add that Ford,Chevy,and Toyota couldn't match my Frontier in price!! Value will sale trucks.

Affordable and reliable truck
By Soldonnissan on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB

Four doors (passenger room)and a bed (cargo room), most practical vehichle design if you can only afford one vehicle. I worried about the "small" bed being too small. It is not. I have only filled it to capacity on a few occasions and have never really needed more (if so, put it in the rear seat). Overall, nothing fancy, but dependable, reliable transportation for all my needs. 54k and no problems.

Great Little Truck
By Lynnie on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been outstanding! It has been 100% reliable, never burns oil, and for a truck, it's very quiet. Overall, on a scale of 10, I would give it a 7.

Rock-Solid, Market-Wise
By SkiMan on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

It has been three years and I am just getting started with this truck. What still amazes me is the value for the money factor with this rig. I am a contractor and this truck does not get pampered. I had a fullsize before but this time decided to try the midsize with this crew cab setup. It was definitely the right move, this rig is a strong little truck. A lot of quality has been built in to this model by the manufacturer - which is good because Nissan dealership service departments can be such a nightmare.

Awesome
By JugHaid on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Awesome fun to drive stylish dependable great loooks ergonomic interior cold ac Smiling and driving excellence

Rock solid
By its_all_good on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is rock solid. I've owned it a year and a half with no problems. It's fun to drive and I get compliments on it almost every day. Nissan has everything Toyota offers for alot less money!

Great Truck for a small Family
By frontiernc on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Great Medium Sized Truck. Great for small jobs to medium jobs for around the house. Can get up to 2 cube yards of mulch. Good in Traffic, good for long trips. Some bugs with the truck at First, Rear Main Seal(fixed), Wiper Motors(fixed), couple of rattles(fixed). Get 16-20 MPG. 4WD great in Snow. Tire Wear Great. Routine maintenance Costs are middle of road with Nissan. 4 door option is good for Groceries. Very Simple but Functional interior design.Solid outside Design, best Paint job, no chips in front. No so great Dealerships with Nissan if you have a problem.