Used 2000 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

You've gotta know!
By Dad w/3 kids

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB

Coming out of a Nissan minivan I wanted to stay high up, w/room for 3 younger kids.With 86k miles not one problem. What a great experience and no money out of pocket. Being a car salesman myself and now going to a Nissan SUV. I do recommend for a used vehicle buyer. The back seat is smaller but overall handles very well.

Love that short wheel base for aggresive driving, and the back seat is room enough for 4 adults to go out to dinner...very responsive and reliable.

Unfortunately underpowered, and in town is a very thirsty truck. Can get cramped with 4 adults on a long day. And a very stiff ride... but.. it's a truck.

Perfect Compact Truck
By Swole37

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

I use my frontier for work and play. I drive anywhere from 20 to 100 miles a day for work. I am an avid hunter and outdoorsman. I drive my fronier off road a good bit. I pull a trailer sometimes with either one or two four wheel ATVs. Sometimes I load one ATV in the bed when I don't pull a trailer. The truck pulls great. My frontier has never broken down and left me stranded. The only problem that I have ever had if a freon leak in the air conditioning system. I ride comforably with my wife and two small children. Sometimes I put two adults in the back seat. It is a little cramped for them, but bearable.

I love the room in the back seat and the four real doors. It will hold two child car seats of any size or plenty of luggage and gear. There is plenty of leg room. The vehicle weight is well balanced. It can go places that most two wheel drive vehicles (small or large) can't go.

I think the sound system could be of a little better quality. Better gas mileage would be good. I get around 17 miles per gallon on average. It would be more convienient if the gas cap was located on the driver side instead of the passenger side.

It Works for Me
By Tony T

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck 3 years old with 48,000 miles on it. It had been used for a long daily commute. It is now over 62,000 miles. Soon after buying it I had a leaf added to the weak rear springs, replaced the original shocks with good YKB units and installed BF Goodrich Traction T/A tires (the Firestones were worthless in the winter). What a difference. It now handles and corners great. I put synthetic gear lube in the trans- mission - made shifting smoother. Changing the oil filter is a pain. The stereo had been upgraded by the previous owner. Seat comfort is decent on long trips.

It's reliable, pleasant to drive, and an decent looking truck (taupe color).

Better shocks. Stronger rear springs. Better tires.

Best Vehicle Purchase Ever
By Skriker

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I purchased my Nissan Frontier crew cab 4wd in Feb of 2000. I still have the truck with just shy of 80k miles on it and it is still going strong. It has not required any major or even minor mechanical work aside from the usual things like new brake pads, filters and tires. All in all this is the absolute best vehicle I have ever purchased for reliability and functionality. This is the first time for me as a car owner where I am certain that when my current Frontier eventually fails I will happily buy another one just like it. :)

The reliability of this truck is just amazing. No repairs needed aside from standard use maintenance.

It is somewhat difficult for some folks to get in and out of the back seat. I would recommend slightly increasing the length of the truck to give the back doors a slightly wider opening.

Sweet
By JHH

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I bought my 2000 Nissan Frontier with 60,000 miles on it. It runs like new and is reliable. It looks great and is really fun to drive.

Bed extender, stock stereo system sounds good. Chrome front and bumper

Nothing major, a little noisey cab, could use more rear leg room and maybe 6 more mpg