2000 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great bang for the buck
By flatspin on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE Desert Runner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my Nissan Frontier in August, 2002. I was initially looking to buy a Toyota Pre-runner, but as I researched several key areas (price, reliability, maintainance, performance, owner satisfaction) the Frontier Desert- Runner soon became the better value. I own 2 Toyotas, an FJ-40 Landcruiser and a SR-5 Pickup. Both are solid, reliable vehicles. But the Nissan is just as trustworthy at a lot less money. Also the Toyotas' developed rattles from the get-go, the Nissan remains quiet and composed.

Can't complain
By MarkD on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the truck new in Oct 99 and haven't had a single problem. Other than oil changes, a new battery and 2 new tires the truck has performed flawlessly.

My 2 cents
By brindlefawn on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great all around truck. I drive it to work, on vacation, and some times "off the beaten path." I have never not had enough "go" and for the money this is the best small 4x4 truck out there. It is thirsty, but I contricbute that to the way I drive in addition to the numerous short trips I make.

2000 Crew Cab Frontier
By DWhite on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I absolutley love my Crew Cab Frontier. I have had it for over two years now and it is still running strong. I use it to pull my horse trailer and still get double digit gas mileage. Pulled a loaded UHaul across country this past March and got double digit gas mileage,too. It is a pathfinder with a truck bed. It is sharp looking, fun to drive, good on gas, just a great truck! I really like the Nissan products, this is my third. It satisfies my need to pull my horses and yet can be utilized year round without costing a lot on gas. Highly recommend!

Love my crew cab
By Parrothead on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

A great truck. More hauling room than SUVs and the people hauling room of a sedan. Not overly cumbersome like a full size truck or SUV. You get the same road visibility, but without the bulk and poor handling. It's got good power and great handling. Seeing as how it's a Nissan it should prove to be extremely reliable. No major problems so far and things should stay that way.

Good Used Truck
By Trunks on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Nice reliable truck for my teenager.

still holding up!
By nissan driver on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

tough little truck!. i have over 150,000 miles for a 2000 4dr. i had it since 0 miles . a main problem has always been the a/c system. i use it day and night go out of town alot and use it for lots of other things. a very shocking thing is when i had a head on collision the air bags did not deploy. but more shocking was the truck had no frame damage and it was repairable. fuel economy is not very well and the horse power is very poor. but handles like a car i love that stable control.the custom off road wheels really make the truck stand out. factory alarm is very poor quality. after k&n and custom exhaust it consums more gas and has about the same power.

MY mistake
By BUGMAN on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I feel I made a mistake buying this truck, I was in a hurry and thought I was getting a deal on it. I bought it used, thought at first it was a good truck, it is a good truck, but for a person who put 120+ miles on in a day it is not that good of a truck. only get 18 mpg in 2 wheel drive but the weird thing is in 4WD I get 22 mpg. Just not the right truck for me

MY mistake
By bugman on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

good vehicle
By stuie on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

quiet, reliable, solid no squeaks or rattles after 36k, no problems or shop time. i think this one is a keeper..should get 200k out of it with the proven V6