2000 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: 7 Year Update

2000 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

7 Year Update
By kd7oqc on

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

This is an update of my post 3/21/02. I've kept up on the maintenance. Nothing has broken, unless I have bent or smashed it. ABS doesn't work when you are going backwards down a snow covered hill. K&N air filter helped mileage. Still getting 18.5 average and 20+ on trips. Still no squeaks or rattles, though it sees a fair amount of logging roads. The regulator on the left rear window went out Feb 06 / 88,500 miles. Extended warranty covered it, otherwise it would have been $300. Quoted just under $900, to change the timing belt, seals, water pump, belts and hoses at 105k. It doesn't need hoses or a water pump, but since they are tearing into it, I won't have to worry for another 100k miles.

Smooth ride. Comfortable seats. Great off road ability, ABS, the engine behaves well no matter what the weather.

Better gas mileage. Cost of gas stinks. I may be the only one, but I would prefer a bench seat up front, and a column shifter. The center console leaves me feeling a little claustrophobic, but I guess even the full size trucks are going to this layout.