2000 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
larrys nissan
By efurd on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck used with 47500 miles on it and added custom wheels and a k&n air filter and a stero upgrade.It has 61000 miles on it now ,have had no problems.

my frontier
By aprado on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

at first i like the old hardbody design and then i needed a new one specially the crewcab having one child and a lot of people asking for help if they needed to move something, it turned out i wasn't wrong of chosing my frontier crewcab but sure would be better if it was timing chain instead of timing belt like the new pathfinder.thats all i did replace my timing belt and its new again.

Solid truck
By Russ1999 on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Always been very dependable, reasonably comfortable, and extremely practical. Never a problem. Top reliability.

2000 Nissan Frontier Ext. Cab XE
By ccsunset on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the truck new in April 2000. Current mileage is 51200. The transmission is automatic. The shift from 3rd to 4th seemed unusual, I took it in for warranty, but found this is just vehicle trait. Except for that, I have had no warranty claims with Nissan. All maintenance has been routine so far. Exception has been the out of factory Firestone tires, which seem to have a short life. I replaced the battery last month. I plan on keeping it as my PAID FOR vehicle and get a 2nd vehicle.

Wife and 2 Kids to go
By GrC on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB

Reliable, good looking 4 dr small p-up. For those that don't want one of the mammoth full size p-ups that wont fit in the garage ! Excellent for the wife, 2 kids and a bit of gear. 4WD great in NE snow. Very Quiet inside, great handling and very smooth ride. Nice for weekend projects or just to haul the groceries.

Nissan Frontier Great Pick-UP Truck
By onezik on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is great in ice or snow if you know how to drive it. Not great on gas but looks great and extremely reliable. It is not a fast truck but will not let you down and looks great. I Love My Frontier

GOOD SMALL TRUCK
By BarryB on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

HAVE DRIVEN TRUCK FOR 3 YRS, HAVE ONLY CHANGED TIRES, AND OIL, BEEN VERY RELIABLE.BUT DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH STEREO, IT CUTS IN AND OUT.

Over all a great family truck!
By Bryan Short on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Very reliable great for my familey Gas millage is low for a small truck Over all I would buy this truck again Had one problem under waranty Nissan did a gret job fixing and even gave us a rental car

Great Truck!
By RB1010 on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I've owned this truck for 4 years now - pretty much got the first one off the line. It has been nothing but wonderful - great useablity, fun to drive and problem free! Not once has it been to the shop. In four years, that's pretty good. Moved from North Carolina to Seattle, drove it all the way. Then moved to Montana - drove it back and forth a few times. Then, finally moved to Wisconsin, a move that involved a large, heavy UHaul. That truck made it without loosing it's breath!

The best vehicle I have ever owned.
By CarAttorney on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have been driving vehicles for about 25 years now, road test many new ones though the years at the dealer and owned many--this Frontier truck is the best I have driven or owned. I got it new and put on about 65K so far-- flawless--maintenance only so far. Fun to drive, easy to handle, looks nice, lots of utility and easy on the wallet. I have been looking to get another vehicle for a year or so, just because I get board and want something new, but you cannot find a better handling vehicle of any manufacturer at any price below 35K. I have driven the Toyotas, Hondas, Dodges, Fords and none compare. Just an incredible great truck.