2000 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great Starter Truck
By George on 04/13/08 08:35 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Purchased this truck brand new and have little to no problems with it to date. Over all this a good reliable truck. No complaints.

Does it all
By dragon3 on 04/03/08 21:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE Desert Runner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I just put my 2000 desert runner to pulling a 3000 lb. trailer, I modified the rear suspension and put in a weight distribution hitch on the 'ol frontier (w/v6 engine) and it works just fine. Great little truck. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this truck (w/V6 engine).

Nice truck from Nissan
By Peterd1987 on 03/19/08 17:46 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE Desert Runner 2dr Extended Cab SB

Switched from a 21 year old Nissan Hardbody D21 to a 2000 Frontier Desert Runner. Bought with 60,000 miles. I like the tough look of the Desert Runner, it looks tough. No major maintenance other than replaced brake pads and rotors. Exhaust heat shields rattle at 1500 RPM and rear slider and other windows rattle. Other than those minor things, I love the truck. Nice acceleration and power, comfortable, and great visibility. The only major design problem is the horrible 5th gear. 3000 RPM at 70 MPH... could be much lower, especially with the V6 to get better gas mileage.

Great Truck
By DESRNNR on 03/13/08 12:29 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE Desert Runner 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought from private seller in Venice Beach Ca. Only had 58,000 miles on it, was in great shape. Had to replace right exhaust manifold ($400). And 1st gear synchro fragmented ($1700). And cat manifolds rattle. Going to remove those. Put BFG All-Terrain T/A KO tires, and american racing outlaw II rims. Other than a few minor problems it has been my fav truck so far.

nice truck
By dooley on 01/14/08 01:34 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

this truck has been great to use for my business. With the rise in gas prices everywhere it sure beats the gas guzzlin v8s, even though it lacks a lot of power it get the job done.

Great Truck
By Billy on 07/28/07 11:49 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

I'll start off by saying that my Frontier has over 175,000 miles on it. I bought it brand new in '00 with 10 miles on it. It is now one of my work trucks. What a fantastic truck it has been. Not the most powerful, doesn't get great gas mileage, isn't the roomiest, but damn, this thing is reliable. Other then tires, oil, and brake pads, I've only replaced the timing belt at 120k miles, and one A/C hose at 160k miles. I highly recommened this truck for people who need a good used, long lasting, dependable truck at a great price on the used truck market. By the way, mine was not babied at all. It pulls a heavy work trailer on a regular basis, and only gets the oil changed about every 10k miles.

I love this car
By Love It! on 05/25/07 20:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

This is the first car I purchased on my own. While in college I took it to Mexico on surf trips and offroading. I have never had a problem. Other than routine maintenance, I've never had to do any additional service. I have one child and another in the way and while it is turning out to be a little too small, I refuse to give it up. It just has been that good of a car to me.

7 Year Update
By kd7oqc on 04/21/07 21:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

This is an update of my post 3/21/02. I've kept up on the maintenance. Nothing has broken, unless I have bent or smashed it. ABS doesn't work when you are going backwards down a snow covered hill. K&N air filter helped mileage. Still getting 18.5 average and 20+ on trips. Still no squeaks or rattles, though it sees a fair amount of logging roads. The regulator on the left rear window went out Feb 06 / 88,500 miles. Extended warranty covered it, otherwise it would have been $300. Quoted just under $900, to change the timing belt, seals, water pump, belts and hoses at 105k. It doesn't need hoses or a water pump, but since they are tearing into it, I won't have to worry for another 100k miles.

Good Riddance
By isuztroop7 on 04/10/07 01:55 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Maybe I'm just used to boxy SUVs. I replaced my '92 Pathfinder SEV6 with the Crew Cab Frontier SEV6. Bad mistake. The handling was less than I expected. The ABS would abruptly kick in wet conditions. Short-bed was neat until I needed to put something big back there. Cramped and plain interior. Stock CD player would malfunction when it got too warm from long operation. Poor traction and ugly cloth seat fabric. I liked the unique exterior look though for its time. Traded it in after the second accident involving the terrible 4WD traction. Owned it for a year. Nissan was once my favorite automaker, however they take a second or even fifth seat after owning such a bad vehicle. I still see their current models could use a tad more luster in their designs.

Satisfaction!
By Richard S on 03/02/07 14:00 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Bought new in 1999. 135,000 miles to date. Very few problems. Usual maintenance. Have original muffler and brakes. Not the greatest pickup performance and uses more gas due to the cab it carries on back. But can't complain mileage. Have owned Toyota, Mitsubishi and Mazda models. This Nissan has been by far the best!