2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Excellent import , beats any domestic!
By Lear on 09/30/09 23:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

As with any of the top-3 Japanese auto makers (Nissan/Toyota/Honda), this Nissan is an excellent quality vehicle. Designed and build with quality materials and engineering for many of use, not just the first 2-5 years, then ragg-out. Very reliable, excellent resale, great mileage. Can't beat it!

Excellent reliability in a 4 cyl
By tanka1 on 09/09/09 13:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this 4 cyl Frontier in 2000 new. In 117000 miles have only replaced battery, brake pads, one idler pulley, wiper blades and recently shocks to improve ride. Paint is still very good and interior like new. All buttons and handles still work. A/c still good. With addition of K&N air filter and platinum plugs, now get 25 MPG year round average(data calculated, not guess). First set of tires made 72000 miles. Second set already at 45000. For its size and purpose, you cannot beat this truck. I plan to keep another nine years. Not so much plastic on this model outside like later versions. Good reliable truck.

Super Reliable Small Truck
By Mark on 08/13/09 17:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have 210,000 miles on it. I changed the brakes and clutch at 180,000 - that's it. The A/C failed at 190,000. The A/C compressor works, but I couldn't find the leak, so I decided not to repair it. I've never had any vehicle run this well.

Great Starter Truck
By George on 04/13/08 08:35 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Purchased this truck brand new and have little to no problems with it to date. Over all this a good reliable truck. No complaints.

nice truck
By dooley on 01/14/08 01:34 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

this truck has been great to use for my business. With the rise in gas prices everywhere it sure beats the gas guzzlin v8s, even though it lacks a lot of power it get the job done.

It Works for Me
By Tony T on 10/25/05 12:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck 3 years old with 48,000 miles on it. It had been used for a long daily commute. It is now over 62,000 miles. Soon after buying it I had a leaf added to the weak rear springs, replaced the original shocks with good YKB units and installed BF Goodrich Traction T/A tires (the Firestones were worthless in the winter). What a difference. It now handles and corners great. I put synthetic gear lube in the trans- mission - made shifting smoother. Changing the oil filter is a pain. The stereo had been upgraded by the previous owner. Seat comfort is decent on long trips.

Read here for performace upgrade
By bgbg on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought new. AT leaked back of tranny, dealer fixed on third try, tech from Japan looked at it. Front sway bar endlinks nuts,washer breaks. Replaced with plyurethane bushing with hardware included from Baxter Auto. Shocks: Monroe reflex all 4. Mileage now 58k. No major problem, I do my own oil chg and maintenace.

Great Truck
By ktg77 on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my truck new in 1999. In that time it has dealt with a 200+ mile a day commute, countless moves, and general rough driving. I am extremely hard on vehicles and I have never had a problem with this truck. It's a great truck!

Not bad for a small pickup
By Gilitar on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my Frontier new back in September of 1999. This truck has not let me down once! The truck's strong point seems to be reliability while it's weak points seem to be lack of power, and a very harsh ride. If you are going to be doing lots of highway driving then I would recommend looking elsewhere. Overall this is a solid yet very basic vehicle.

2000 Nissan Frontier Ext. Cab XE
By ccsunset on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the truck new in April 2000. Current mileage is 51200. The transmission is automatic. The shift from 3rd to 4th seemed unusual, I took it in for warranty, but found this is just vehicle trait. Except for that, I have had no warranty claims with Nissan. All maintenance has been routine so far. Exception has been the out of factory Firestone tires, which seem to have a short life. I replaced the battery last month. I plan on keeping it as my PAID FOR vehicle and get a 2nd vehicle.