Used 2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

2000 Nissan Desert Runner
By 2000 Nissan Frontier

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE Desert Runner 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck used in 2001, it had 36,000 on it. Paid $10,500. It's been a great truck very reliable I currently have 165,000 miles on it and runs great. Fuel economy not so good 17-18 mpg. Tires last a long time with no alignment needed, just rotate and balance. I've used Amsoil Synthetics in it for years and change the oil every 15,000 miles. I use it as a service truck in my business and it's been a good work horse.

Reliable and durable.

Cooling system should be larger, have had issues with it. Uncomfortable ride but it's a truck. Rear spark plug very difficult to replace. Tail gate issues. Could use more hp for hauling.

It's a great truck
By bond007

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab SE Desert Runner 2dr Extended Cab SB

It's a great little truck. I've done a little stuff done to it I put a kn filter in it , e3 spark plugs , and a flowmaster with a bigger pipe. It's a fun truck to drive around town and gets up to speed pretty good when you want it to. It's doing great for having 150,000 miles on it. Just a oil change and it's good to go.

It's exterior and performance is good

give a little more horsepower stock

Solid, low maintenance truck
By Ryan

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I don't expect much from a vehicle, getting me where I need to go without much drama is all I require, and the Frontier did that in spades. It was reliable, handled well and offered a smooth ride. I purchased it in 2005 with 55,000 on the clock, and traded it in for a 2005 Ford in Oct. 09, Frontier had 117,000 on the clock then. During my ownership, the only thing other than basic maintenance items (tires, shocks, exhaust, bulbs) that it needed was a blower speed control module, which was a $20 part at the local parts store. I traded it in because I wanted something new and wanted to make a run with a domestic brand , time will tell if I made a wise choice.

Reliability, good ride quality for a small truck, good 4WD system. Motor/driveline didn't have a squeak or leak in 117,000 miles.

Gas mileage wasn't the best, radiator core support was badly rotted near the end of my tenure and several other areas of minor rust on the box corners, I feel this is not so much poor material quality but due to the excessive use of road salt in WI winters.

150,000 Miles with no major problems
By Paul

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has served me well. The only problem I had was the carpet coming loose on the drivers side floor Nissan fixed that. The gas mileage isn't great...maybe 17.5 or so on average. I cared for this truck with regular maintenance and drove it gently...synthetic oil around 70,000 miles, kept good tires on it, and did not abuse it. No trouble with the 4wd yet...knock on wood. Use the 4wd at least a few times every year in the snow for 9 years now, and occasionally on back roads. I am keeping this truck.

It's just a good truck in general. Nothing stylish or special about it. I do like the power of the 6 cylinder.

None to offer. It is fine as far as I am concerned.

Excellent import , beats any domestic!
By Lear

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

As with any of the top-3 Japanese auto makers (Nissan/Toyota/Honda), this Nissan is an excellent quality vehicle. Designed and build with quality materials and engineering for many of use, not just the first 2-5 years, then ragg-out. Very reliable, excellent resale, great mileage. Can't beat it!

Reliability / dependability peace of mind, with excellent resale value!

Tilt wheel and power side mirrors standard on all models. Better shocks.