2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
2000 Nissan Desert Runner
By 2000 Nissan Frontier on 05/09/10 06:52 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE Desert Runner 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck used in 2001, it had 36,000 on it. Paid $10,500. It's been a great truck very reliable I currently have 165,000 miles on it and runs great. Fuel economy not so good 17-18 mpg. Tires last a long time with no alignment needed, just rotate and balance. I've used Amsoil Synthetics in it for years and change the oil every 15,000 miles. I use it as a service truck in my business and it's been a good work horse.

It's a great truck
By bond007 on 02/02/10 17:00 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab SE Desert Runner 2dr Extended Cab SB

It's a great little truck. I've done a little stuff done to it I put a kn filter in it , e3 spark plugs , and a flowmaster with a bigger pipe. It's a fun truck to drive around town and gets up to speed pretty good when you want it to. It's doing great for having 150,000 miles on it. Just a oil change and it's good to go.

Solid, low maintenance truck
By Ryan on 01/17/10 10:43 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I don't expect much from a vehicle, getting me where I need to go without much drama is all I require, and the Frontier did that in spades. It was reliable, handled well and offered a smooth ride. I purchased it in 2005 with 55,000 on the clock, and traded it in for a 2005 Ford in Oct. 09, Frontier had 117,000 on the clock then. During my ownership, the only thing other than basic maintenance items (tires, shocks, exhaust, bulbs) that it needed was a blower speed control module, which was a $20 part at the local parts store. I traded it in because I wanted something new and wanted to make a run with a domestic brand , time will tell if I made a wise choice.

150,000 Miles with no major problems
By Paul on 11/02/09 15:21 PM (PST)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has served me well. The only problem I had was the carpet coming loose on the drivers side floor Nissan fixed that. The gas mileage isn't great...maybe 17.5 or so on average. I cared for this truck with regular maintenance and drove it gently...synthetic oil around 70,000 miles, kept good tires on it, and did not abuse it. No trouble with the 4wd yet...knock on wood. Use the 4wd at least a few times every year in the snow for 9 years now, and occasionally on back roads. I am keeping this truck.

Excellent import , beats any domestic!
By Lear on 09/30/09 23:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

As with any of the top-3 Japanese auto makers (Nissan/Toyota/Honda), this Nissan is an excellent quality vehicle. Designed and build with quality materials and engineering for many of use, not just the first 2-5 years, then ragg-out. Very reliable, excellent resale, great mileage. Can't beat it!

Excellent reliability in a 4 cyl
By tanka1 on 09/09/09 13:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this 4 cyl Frontier in 2000 new. In 117000 miles have only replaced battery, brake pads, one idler pulley, wiper blades and recently shocks to improve ride. Paint is still very good and interior like new. All buttons and handles still work. A/c still good. With addition of K&N air filter and platinum plugs, now get 25 MPG year round average(data calculated, not guess). First set of tires made 72000 miles. Second set already at 45000. For its size and purpose, you cannot beat this truck. I plan to keep another nine years. Not so much plastic on this model outside like later versions. Good reliable truck.

Super Reliable Small Truck
By Mark on 08/13/09 17:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have 210,000 miles on it. I changed the brakes and clutch at 180,000 - that's it. The A/C failed at 190,000. The A/C compressor works, but I couldn't find the leak, so I decided not to repair it. I've never had any vehicle run this well.

Happy With Mine
By Happy on 05/06/09 09:13 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased it new. It's my second Nissan truck and without a doubt, I'd get a third one. Past couple of years I drive 22,000 miles annually. The only parts that were replaced were from routine wear and tear. I've done everything recommended to maintain it and replaced all parts as they wear out. 2007 my mechanic said the engine would go over 200,000 miles and now 2009 he's saying it'll go over 300,000 miles. I'm getting a new car end of this year but definitely keeping my truck.

Great Starter Truck
By George on 04/13/08 08:35 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Purchased this truck brand new and have little to no problems with it to date. Over all this a good reliable truck. No complaints.

Does it all
By dragon3 on 04/03/08 21:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Frontier Extended Cab SE Desert Runner 2dr Extended Cab SB

I just put my 2000 desert runner to pulling a 3000 lb. trailer, I modified the rear suspension and put in a weight distribution hitch on the 'ol frontier (w/v6 engine) and it works just fine. Great little truck. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this truck (w/V6 engine).